Which Apps Could Best Use a Stylus?

• Replies:4
Android Addict
  • Forum posts: 111

May 30, 2011, 3:18:33 PM via Website

I must say I'm disappointed that the Flyer's stylus is only utilized in the memo app, and for writing on web pages. There are so many other fun things developers could create for the stylus -- just look at Nintendo DS. What do you guys wish the Flyer stylus could do?

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Sep 16, 2011, 7:02:29 AM via Website

I don't see the point of a Stylus. Besides maybe for drawing, what does it do that you fingertip can not do?

Brian Scott Oplinger
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 12, 2011, 7:16:55 PM via Website

I'm the cheap sort, didn't even consider the flyer until the $200 price drop. That said its become my favorite small tablet. Along the same theme, I didn't but the pen for $80 at Best Buy when I bought the tablet but waited for two days for the black $30 Ebay bought pen to arrive. It looks like the real thing except in black not silver and doesn't come with the AAAA (that's 4xA) battery. Considering that it saved me $50 I can deal with the limitations. For the thirty I paid I'd say the stylus is worth it even if its just for notes and the occasional annotation via picture which is all the pen can do now.

I had tried a number of write with your finger apps and they all left me cold. Not a one produced anything like what I was able to do years ago with a stylus on a resistive screen. I much prefer the advantages of the current multi-touch capacitive screen over those old resistive ones but bring able to mimic minute movements on screen is not their forte. The difference between my finger and the stylus is night and day. Just being able to joy down a sketch that's readable and usable is wonderful. I've stopped looking back on resistive screens with fond nostalgia. Supposedly it will do much more under honeycomb. For now, for its limited use, I'd say its well worth the $30 I spent but not worth the $80 list price.

Mark Partalis
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 8, 2012, 7:05:37 PM via Website

My first version 3.2 specific software was Autodesk’s Sketchbook Pro; $4.99. Unfortunately, the HTC Stylus does not work on Sketchbook Pro. I will post this on the forum. However, if you know about non HTC apps that work with the HTC Stylus, or know where I may see a list of apps like this please message me.