Samsung Galaxy S2 — How long should I charge the battery on the first day?

• Replies:5
Android Addict
  • Forum posts: 111

May 30, 2011, 1:55:32 PM via Website

There seems to be many opinions as to how long to charge a phone on the day you've bought it...

Does anyone know how long I should charge my new Galaxy S2 before the first use?

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jun 21, 2011, 12:12:46 PM via Website

I think you should charge it until it appears to be full, no more, no less.

Kunasegaran Sundara,
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 26, 2011, 3:15:44 AM via Website

As i Have checked with the samsung,they advised that the best way to keep your battery life healthy, on the 1st day you need to use the mobile till it drains all the battery then on your 1st charge,charge it 8hours. only on your 1st charge.

Spha Dlamini
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 10, 2011, 7:29:29 PM via Website

Im not sure how long my phone charged after i drained it <could be less than eight hours> ... but today it lasted me from 8h00 till about 14h30... which is quite quite less than what i expect it... must i charge it further today or what?

Kunasegaran Sundara,
As i Have checked with the samsung,they advised that the best way to keep your battery life healthy, on the 1st day you need to use the mobile till it drains all the battery then on your 1st charge,charge it 8hours. only on your 1st charge.

Jordan Scott
  • Forum posts: 5

Aug 21, 2011, 3:04:44 AM via Website

On another note, according to a 2000mAh battery pack located on eBay

"Initially new batteries must be charged for 14 - 16 hours continuously. All batteries require a "break-in" period, so don't be panic if your battery doesn't hold a full charge right away. For the first 3 - 5 cycles, please make sure to charge the battery fully and drain it fully before recharging. This will properly condition the battery and will ensure that it will operate at its maximum capacity."

Not sure what your guys thoughts are, but this sounds like a plan to follow for the paranoid users like me, eh?

— modified on Sep 16, 2011, 12:04:50 PM by moderator