How to configure two android devices with one google market account

• Replies:3
Mikael C.
  • Forum posts: 9

May 22, 2011, 8:18:45 PM via Website

All,

I'm a real newbie with android and I'm looking for a HowTo which I assume that more persons than I would like to know how to do.

Me and my wife have 2 android devices and I would like to connect them to ONE android market account, so I can leverage the offer from android - Download and pay the app once, install on multiple devices.

The thing is though that each device should have their own calender, mail, tasks, history etc as I don't want to see the mails from my wife and vice versa.

How can I configure the devices to retrieve this?

Thanks in advance...

Mike

Andy N.
  • Forum posts: 22,375

May 23, 2011, 10:17:17 AM via App

I don' like the idea, saving money by using one license on two phones will somewhen kill good developer's work.
But maybe there is a kind of workaround: which Android version is on your both phones?
With 2.2 (and higher) it should be possible to have more than one Google account in Gmail and also in calendar.
First account (Setup account) must be the same gmail address on both phones. The second gmail address could be another.
As first account I would take an "anonymous" account, the 2nd is either the gmail of you or of your wife.
Sync of the first account can be switched of.
I never tested it, so I don't know if it's also working with the contacts.
But after giving it a trial, you can post your experiences.

Andy

— modified on May 23, 2011, 10:17:56 AM

Viele Grüße,
Andy

OnePlus 3 (Resurrection Remix 5.8.2)
LG G Watch

Regeln | unsere Mods & Admins

Mikael C.
  • Forum posts: 9

May 23, 2011, 11:49:16 AM via Website

Andy N.
I don' like the idea, saving money by using one license on two phones will somewhen kill good developer's work.

I will try what you said and post my experience here... Thanks.... *hopefully I'll get it to work, as I currently don't have ANY idea how to manage this*

I don't have a problem with the < $5 apps... it's more about the more expensive apps....

Mike

— modified on May 23, 2011, 11:49:30 AM

Timo Schuck
  • Forum posts: 19

May 7, 2015, 11:31:43 PM via Website

google support multi device on one account, that should be no problem