how can i connect my htc wildfire to pc's internet...!!

• Replies:5
ravi teja
  • Forum posts: 8

May 5, 2011, 9:48:38 AM via Website

hie..
i wana use my pc's internet in my HTC wildfire..via USB ....can any one tell me the process..!!
NOTE: not mobile internet in my pc..its reverse to USB tethering..!!

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

May 5, 2011, 10:16:35 AM via Website

All of the articles I've found (like this one) are about how to connect your phone's internet to your computer, not the other way around. I'm not sure there's a way to connect to the computer's internet using the cable alone.

Of course, if it is at all possible for you to buy a WiFi modem, it would be incredibly easy for you to connect your phone to that...

vineethprasad akula
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 31, 2012, 10:44:00 AM via Website

If you don’t have a data plan for HTC Wildfire S or you don’t have access to a Wi-Fi network, you can still go online on HTC Wildfire S by using your computer’s Internet connection.
Important: Before you can use your computer as a modem, be sure to install HTC Sync on your computer first.
Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet.
Note: Two things to check for your computer’s Internet connection. One, you may need to turn off your local network’s firewall. Two, if your computer connects to the Internet via PPP (e.g. Dial UP, xDSL, or VPN), Internet Pass-through will only support TCP protocol.
Connect HTC Wildfire S to the computer using the provided USB cable.
On the Connect to PC screen, select Internet pass-through, and then tap Done.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Jan 31, 2012, 11:42:28 AM via Website

Tethering is your friend! Let us know if the suggestion above works.

leanne markham
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 8, 2012, 12:28:13 PM via Website

hi for some reason my phone will not upload pics to facebook i wos woundering if i can upload pictures from my phone to my pc xx