Not able to compile .aidl file in eclipse

• Replies:4
Sur
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 10, 2011, 10:05:35 AM via Website

Hi,

I am using eclipse along with android plugin. I want to compile the .aidl files. As per my Googling, eclipse itself compiles .aidl files. However, I am not able to.
I rechecked the path of the interface mentioned in the .aidl file & location of .aidl file, but no help.

Can some one please help me how to do that?

Thanks in advance

Surbhit

Sur
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 15, 2011, 7:32:07 AM via Website

Hi,
Thanks for your help.

I managed to get the .aidl files complie succesfully.

Problem was, the eclipse version(Ganymede) which I was using, was creating its own lib folder & was not using the lib folder which was actually present.
So, I deleted the new lib folder created by eclipse... And then, eclipse started using the actual lib folder. .aidl files then started getting compiled successfully.

Patrick T.

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Mar 15, 2011, 2:02:24 PM via Website

Sur
Hi,
Thanks for your help.

Problem was, the eclipse version(Ganymede) which I was using, was creating its own lib folder & was not using the lib folder which was actually present.
So, I deleted the new lib folder created by eclipse... And then, eclipse started using the actual lib folder. .aidl files then started getting compiled successfully.

Glad you sorted it out. Thanks for sharing the solution.

Patrick T.
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 18, 2011, 3:49:44 AM via Website

Sur
Hi,
Thanks for your help.

Hi Sur,

I have that problem now and I'm trying to find the directory of the lib folder you mentioned. Can you please specify the path?

Thanks in advance