how can i download app's to my system and then copy them to my phone??

• Replies:16
ravi teja
  • Forum posts: 8

Mar 5, 2011, 1:28:00 PM via Website

i use htc wildfire...n can anyone tell me the way...pls..!!
though we can download the app's directly from ph's market...but i want to download them to my system and then to my phone..!!so that no charges for downloading the app's..............!!

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Mar 6, 2011, 10:49:15 PM via App

You can't download apps from googles market to your PC. You can with markets like Android pit, though. Once you have downloaded them, you'll need to transfer them to your SD card of your phone. The easiest way is probably to connect your phone to your pc with a usb cable. Then there should be an option to view your SD card as a drive on your pc, or you may need the sync software from your phones manufacturer to transfer them.

Once you have the .apk on your phone you'll need to allow installing from unknown sources. On your phone go to settings, applications, and check Allow Unknown Sources.

Then if your phone has a file manager, use it to go to the folder on your SD card that you copied the apps to. You may need to download a file manager, like Astro File Manager from the market.

You should be able to tap the .apk file of the app in the file manager and it should give you the option to install, or open it with the package manager to install it.

— modified on Mar 6, 2011, 10:52:10 PM

ravi teja

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Mar 9, 2011, 10:51:27 AM via Website

If you are thinking about downloading pirated paid apps, I suggest you reconsider. Not only does it hurt Android's image and hurt the developers trying to improve Android's public image?attractiveness, but there was a case about a week ago where a pirated app was infected with malware and was able to secretly charge the phone with premium SMS/MMS service.

ravi teja

ravi teja
  • Forum posts: 8

Mar 9, 2011, 7:56:46 PM via Website

can u please tell me...how can i download apps from android pit.com to my system..??

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Mar 10, 2011, 1:24:57 PM via Website

You have to find a place or developer that lets you download their .apk's onto your computer. Most places don't let you do that. It is also possible to download apps onto your phone for free if you use a Wi-Fi network...

— modified on Mar 10, 2011, 1:25:15 PM

Jeremiah

Mar 11, 2011, 4:45:03 AM via Website

You can download apps from Androidpit to your computer if the developer has added them to the Androidpit market. Go to androidpit.com and in the apps section, find the app you want and click the "AndroidPIT Download Link:" on the apps description page.

Jeremiah

Mar 12, 2011, 10:05:50 AM via App

I think it is automatic for the free apps that have been uploaded. Not sure if its even available for the paid apps, maybe after you buy them?

— modified on Mar 12, 2011, 10:07:11 AM

Jeremiah

Mar 15, 2011, 4:51:31 AM via Website

I believe there is a copy protection api that androidPit provides for it's paid apps. So it may be that you can download them to your computer, but they are not easy to pirate. I'm not 100% sure of this though.

— modified on Mar 15, 2011, 4:52:15 AM

Phil Jones
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 29, 2011, 4:34:32 PM via Website

You can download them from the android market place or there are websites such as htc wildfire apps that provide them aswell.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Dec 29, 2011, 5:53:45 PM via Website

use bluestacks. It's an android emulator, so you run it on your pc and any apps you download or purchase will be in its virtual memory, but physically on the pc.

Sinkster

michael moran
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 2, 2012, 1:27:57 AM via Website

Jeremiah
You can download apps from Androidpit to your computer if the developer has added them to the Androidpit market. Go to androidpit.com and in the apps section, find the app you want and click the "AndroidPIT Download Link:" on the apps description page.

I would like to an app to my computer and then copy it to my tablet, how do I do this. Where exactly is the "AndroidPIT Download Link:" ?

Jeremiah

Jan 2, 2012, 3:58:35 AM via Website

michael moran
Jeremiah

I would like to an app to my computer and then copy it to my tablet, how do I do this. Where exactly is the "AndroidPIT Download Link:" ?

This was a feature on AndroidPit over a year ago. I don't think you can do this now.

michael moran
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 2, 2012, 10:32:06 PM via Website

It is a pity that it can not be done now.
Thank you for your help.
Michael.

Phil Denby
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 13, 2012, 6:43:47 PM via Website

I have the same question really.. I particularly signed up for the site, and paid for an application as I was caught by the: "Of course you can also download the APK file to your computer and copy it to your phone from there. However, this is a bit cumbersome. If you do not know how this works, please look through our forums." .. I'm looking! I see though this looks like it is only the Android Pit Center... ?!

— modified on Feb 13, 2012, 7:04:56 PM

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 14, 2012, 5:50:10 PM via Website

So your basically just wanting to download the apk file from the Androidpit app center directly to your PC...correct?