HTC Hero Mobile Internet Issue

• Replies:6
Yan Matusevich
  • Forum posts: 305

Jan 20, 2011, 12:57:40 AM via Website

So I've been experiencing this glitch for the last couple of days on my HTC Hero.

Every time I press my Wi-Fi widget to turn on Wi-Fi, the Mobile Internet widget turns on automatically as well. The thing is that I don't have an unlimited data plan, so this could potentially cost me extra money on my phone bill. When I try to turn off the Mobile Internet by pressing the Mobile Internet widget - the thing fails to respons and stays on!!!!

I have to manually go into Settings->Wireless & networks->Mobile network to turn it off.

I know that there are all these apps out there that can block my mobile internet, but I just can't understand why my phone has been acting up like this all of a sudden. I didn't have any issues like this with the phone for over 6-7 months.

Thanks for any help!

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jan 20, 2011, 2:25:57 AM via Website

Did you update whatever program you were using recently to keep the connection turned off? A last chance (before going to the store) would be to do a factory reset.

Yan Matusevich

Jan 20, 2011, 8:29:02 AM via Website

I used a program back almost a year ago for a really short while. After I updated my phone to 2.1., I realized that HTC had built-in widgets to turn Mobile Internet and Wi-Fi on/off. So I uninstalled that app 6 or 7 months ago.

This doesn't explain why the HTC widgets have all of a sudden stopped working. As I mentioned, I also rooted the phone back in November, but didn't experience any trouble at the time.

Why would it just start acting up like this, seemingly out of nowhere? Can't wrap my head around it.

Yan Matusevich

Jan 20, 2011, 8:59:58 PM via Website

You are right. This app does do the job. It just annoys me to see my phone stop doing what it's supposed from one moment to the next.

Thanks for your input