best email client

• Replies:6
suzanne smithers
  • Forum posts: 11

Jan 2, 2011, 12:30:21 AM via App

hi im after an email client that will do hotmail and aol i have used k9 but not keen on it and want to know if theres better one (dont mind paying for apps)
many thanks

Alex T.
  • Forum posts: 30

Jan 2, 2011, 2:21:52 AM via Website

Suzanne,

I've been using K9 as well and I'm not thrilled with it either. I was using Seven as a client on Symbian til I switched to Android and apparently they've got a beta program for Android as well. The app itself is free, the only charge is for first use and setting up each account in form of an international text to the Isle of Man (I know how shady that sounds but I've had my account with them for at least a year and no other charges ever appeared).
Here's where to download it: http://community.seven.com/download.php?target=ce_disclaim

I only tried it for a few minutes, but it worked seamlessly with my Yahoo account and has support for aol and hotmail, however, exchange server email seems to fail for my employer so I'll have to keep looking. If all you need is aol and hotmail, I think you'll find it works quite well and it's got a nice interface and widget that comes with it.

suzanne smithers

Jan 2, 2011, 10:21:16 PM via App

tryed that my device is not supported or something lol
thanks anyway

— modified on Jan 2, 2011, 10:22:22 PM

Alex T.

Jan 3, 2011, 2:18:00 AM via Website

Sorry - forgot about that. If you select HTC and select Android 2.x it'll download and install just fine.

suzanne smithers

Jan 6, 2011, 12:41:06 PM via App

got it now thans

Mark Wolk
  • Forum posts: 3

Apr 30, 2011, 7:14:27 AM via Website

suzanne smithers
hi im after an email client that will do hotmail and aol i have used k9 but not keen on it and want to know if theres better one (dont mind paying for apps)
many thanks
I would like to know what does not suit you in K-9 Mail? - That is very close to perfect email client for me.

Alex T.

May 3, 2011, 9:37:09 PM via Website

Personally, the only reason I installed K9 was for the email widget, but it's much inferior to the Moto Blur one that came with my Droid X. Other than the widget it doesn't really do much more than the stock client for me.