Any good Tactical RPG's for the Android (Like FF Tactics and whatnot)

• Replies:17
Clayton Blanchard
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 27, 2010, 2:19:06 PM via Website

I know that Spectral Souls - Resurrection of the Ethereal Empires is coming out at some point and that is what I am talking about. I could have sworn that a few days ago when I was looking up apps that I had seen a Tactical RPG for Android but I cannot find it again.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Clayton Blanchard
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 27, 2010, 5:38:50 PM via Website

Douglas Carter
So when you say tactical RPG, do you mean lots of battles, or can it be about adventure too? Have you seen Zenonia? https://www.nextpit.com/en/android/market/apps/app/com.gamevil.zenonia/ZENONIA

I actually have Zenonia.

Ever play Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, Fire Emblem?

Those are "Tactical RPGS". Basically a game where your battles are fought on a gridded battlefield with a party of people on each side, and each person moves and attacks on this grid.

Like this:

Thats FF Tactics.

This is Spectral Souls (which is "coming soon" for Android, but not out yet :( )

Suhardzie Abdul Rahman

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Dec 27, 2010, 6:28:56 PM via Website

I have no suggestions for good Tactical RPGs other than trying to remember what it was you were searching for when you stumbled across that game. Maybe you'll run across it again.

Sam Buchbinder
  • Forum posts: 71

Sep 20, 2011, 12:32:23 PM via Website

I got Spectral Souls for my Xperia and really liked it:
https://www.nextpit.com/en/android/market/apps/app/com.hyperdevbox.spectralsouls/Spectral-Souls-ENG

Though I have to admit the combat kind of dragged on later in the game.

Though I have to admit the field is kind of under represented in general unless you want to go for NES/SNES emulation

— modified on Sep 20, 2011, 12:32:57 PM

Suhardzie Abdul Rahman
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 14, 2014, 10:28:04 AM via Website

Final Fantasy Tactics is the best game ever that I played 20 years ago. Please make a good game like this...<3<3<3

Hideyasu
  • Forum posts: 16

Mar 4, 2014, 2:34:22 PM via Website

Spectral Soul is quite lame. I prefer a GBA emulator with Advance Wars 2 or the above mentioned Fire emblem. The same goes for Nintendo DS emulation.
And I shall never forget the best tactical RPGs on PSX: Front Mission 3 and Vanguard Bandits!

Schueppe
  • Forum posts: 12

Aug 16, 2014, 11:56:18 AM via Website

It is just too bad there's no more games like shining force around. Would also be great if there was a remake of dragon force fom Sega Saturn:)

Schueppe
  • Forum posts: 12

Aug 16, 2014, 11:58:49 AM via Website

Ummm btw, I like Battle for Wesnoth. it surely differs from the Japanese titles mentioned before, but it is a well designed and HUGE game, lots of different campaigns, nice artwork and music.

Marlo Furney

Jun 3, 2015, 4:48:20 AM via Website

All of your games look fun but i cant afford to play them

Five Z
  • Forum posts: 7

Jul 12, 2015, 10:39:29 AM via Website

Well, now FFTactics is available!

Alias Marne
  • Forum posts: 98

Jul 12, 2015, 11:31:16 AM via Website

Hey great game @Clayton Blanchard. I have tried this one. Thanks for sharing such a nice one.

Janus Kane

Dec 17, 2021, 4:33:56 PM via Website

For Mobile, my favorite is the Age of Strategy series, there is also a Fantasy and Galaxy edition with different themes and units etc...

It's a free turn based tactical game with persistent rewards and new units and cosmetics to earn through in-game activities. The Multi-player is a little rough wound the edges, but its highly customizable and has years of community behind it.

There are enough unlockable units that your army is likely different from another players, like a skill tree style progression. I really love it, thought id share the name since I never see it mentioned on forums. I prefer supporting smaller development teams, and this developer has updated through the years faithfully.

Zois Bekios Zannikos

Zois Bekios Zannikos

Dec 18, 2021, 1:32:50 PM via Website

Wow Age of Strategy looks like an indeed beautiful strategy game! Thanks for bringing it up, I just gave it a go and I was surprised that it went under my radar!

Janus Kane