not able to update

• Replies:6
Benedikt S.
  • Forum posts: 20

Dec 15, 2010, 9:44:12 PM via Website

hey guys!

i tried to root my magic (32B) a few months ago but it didn't work and since then i am using android 1.5 on it. Why? I'm not able to do anything - SPL update fails, installing NBH fails..

I've tried to install it today once again but it just didn't work. it's always like 'Main Version is older! Update fail!'

my phone:
htc magic 32B
HBOOT 1.33.0007
android 1.5 (original htc one, without the vf branding)

could anyone help me pls? i just want to go back to the original vodafone firmware and then install the OTA 2.2 froyo..

best regards,
beneschmitz

Frank W.
  • Forum posts: 5,103

Dec 16, 2010, 1:47:43 PM via Website

Hi Benedikt,

why did you post here? :)

You can read this Wiki (in German): https://www.nextpit.de/de/android/wiki/view/How_to_Root_HTC_Magic_Vodafone_32B

Like you can read there in the rooting-guide with your error intall first the sappimg.zip and then the nbh. That should work. If you want the official update you have only to wait after that.

Frank

"Irgendwann, möglicherweise aber auch nie, werde ich dich bitten, mir eine kleine Gefälligkeit zu erweisen." (Don Corleone) Für ein friedliches Miteinander"

Benedikt S.

Dec 16, 2010, 5:44:15 PM via Website

oups, my fault. i didn't even try that.. haha! well.. but the link doesnt working: "Oops! (509)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled! "

is there any available source to download it from?

Thanks for your help!

Frank W.

Dec 16, 2010, 5:50:20 PM via Website

Benedikt S.
oups, my fault. i didn't even try that.. haha! well.. but the link doesnt working: "Oops! (509)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled! "

is there any available source to download it from?

Thanks for your help!

I have the file at home. I will upload it in the evening and give you the link. You meant the zip, right?

Frank

I have to smile because we two German diskuss in the english forum. :)

"Irgendwann, möglicherweise aber auch nie, werde ich dich bitten, mir eine kleine Gefälligkeit zu erweisen." (Don Corleone) Für ein friedliches Miteinander"

Benedikt S.

Dec 16, 2010, 6:02:15 PM via Website

yeah, the zip. thanks a lot!

well.. i did try to translate this post into german but i was to lazy.. it's because i asked the same question on androidforums.com :)

Frank W.

Dec 16, 2010, 8:47:28 PM via Website

Done!

I added a mirror in the wiki, that should work. Good luck!

Frank

Benedikt S.

Dec 16, 2010, 10:46:42 PM via Website

It work's! Thanks Frank :)

I've tried to update to froyo manually but it doesnt work. it says 'Can't find update script.' :/ Well I will wait for the official OTA update!

— modified on Dec 16, 2010, 10:57:00 PM