New APAD user

• Replies:8
Micah Modica
  • Forum posts: 3

Dec 14, 2010, 4:18:17 PM via Website

I just received my new APAD yesterday. I am a completely new Android user and am lost in the wilderness. I am using Android 1.5 and am having the following issues:

There is no market place that I can find, how do I get new apps.

I can't seem to get my Yahoo mail to work from the web is there and App for that?

There doesn't seem to be a home button anywhere in the browser so I always have to navigate back manually.

I also am attempting to use this as an Ebook reader I don't see the funtionality for that either.

I just need help before I box this thing up and send it back! Somebody anybody HELP!

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Dec 14, 2010, 7:17:24 PM via Website

I would honestly tell you that your best choice may be to "box it up" and send it back. We get plenty of complaints in our forums about APAD users, as well as our fair share of spammers/advertisers from their company.

The Android 1.5 software is out of date for many, if not most of the good apps that are available on the Android market today. Unfortunately, the APAD cannot have access to the Android Market, because it is not a cell phone and has no cellular connection to telephone and data networks. You can install third party app stores on your device, like Android PIT App Center for instance to download the apps that developers upload onto our database. However, you will still have the problem that you APAD runs Android 1.5, and not Android 1.6, 2.1, 2.2, or soon to be released 2.3.

Micah Modica

Dec 14, 2010, 7:24:51 PM via Website

Douglas Carter
I would honestly tell you that your best choice may be to "box it up" and send it back. We get plenty of complaints in our forums about APAD users, as well as our fair share of spammers/advertisers from their company.

The Android 1.5 software is out of date for many, if not most of the good apps that are available on the Android market today. Unfortunately, the APAD cannot have access to the Android Market, because it is not a cell phone and has no cellular connection to telephone and data networks. You can install third party app stores on your device, like Android PIT App Center for instance to download the apps that developers upload onto our database. However, you will still have the problem that you APAD runs Android 1.5, and not Android 1.6, 2.1, 2.2, or soon to be released 2.3.

UUUUUUUGGGGHHHHH! I have been mulling that over. I think that's the direction I am going to go. I was deathly afraid of the ARCHOS device as it got horrible reviews. Can you point me in the right direction? I am not dead in the water as to which to purchase.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Dec 14, 2010, 7:36:04 PM via Website

Well, to be honest, unless Google changes the rules regarding when the Android Market can be installed on a device, almost any tablet you buy will not have access to the Android Market. There are some rare exceptions, such as the Galaxy Tab (and maybe others I can't think of right now), because they have a data connection and cellular connection, which qualifies them to install the Android Market. However, most of the cheap tablets will not come with it, as they usually forgo the cost of putting in cellular radios to keep costs down.

If you are okay with installing a third party app store such as ours, then your next concern should be what kind of operating system and hardware specs the device has. What kind of budget do you have to work with here?

— modified on Dec 14, 2010, 7:40:35 PM

Micah Modica

Dec 14, 2010, 7:43:13 PM via Website

I don't have an issue with third party software. Honestly, all I need from this or any device is an E-book reader (which I can't seem to find), more control of the browser (I can't even find the home button) and acess to my email (I can't get to my yahoo mail). If you can help me get that outta this device screw Android Market place.

Krystian Brzezowski
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 20, 2011, 9:57:45 PM via Website

Ok i have APAD IMX515 Android Tablet 2.2, is the Market available for it? This is really frustrating. Have some Chinese stuff on it as i bought it from China, but obviously don't understand that.

Yah Right
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 22, 2011, 7:18:36 AM via Website

Hello, I have the same pad but found a fix by someone, here is the link, instructions are a little shakey but it worked for me. Had to also install a java file, (sdk of some sort to get the JDK to work, and set the PDAnet to autoconnect until your done. Don't for get to reboot the pad when done. Only issue I found was I couln't use an existing account, so just set up a new one. Easy enough

Working Android market for 2.2 !!! 100%work(win7 tested)all IMX515
Android, android, win7
1: on your device enabled Debugging usb option !

2: install pdanet for android : http://pdanet.co/bin/PdaNetA245.exe

3: force update the driver from pdanet

4:download and install "AndroidSDK Software ": http://dl.google.com/android/installer_r08-windows.exe (when "SDK Manager" start cancel fist "packages to install" list and go to "available packages" clic on "third party add-on" clic " google inc ,add-ons" and sellect "google usb drivers packages"
and "install selected" *** (MIRROR FOR DRIVER ONLY :http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TFCCB77W)
5:Start-Settings-Control Panel-System-Hardware-Device
Manager and you will see the Android Phone or Android Interface there. Right-click on it and FORCE Update driver, point it
to the location folder of your Google USB Driver and let it update.

6: DOWNLOAD AND UNZIP TO C:\ANDROIDUSB
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YGLAUH2E

7: RUN SETUP FROM C:\ANDROIDUSB and pressed Enter
10)If it has worked you will see text saying List of Devices and you'll see the tablet listed under it.!!!! If it's blank it's not
worked.!!!!!!! Follow instructions and detach tablet when done.
11) Enjoy Android Market (it's worth it) ,YOUTUBE AND ALL !!!

I should mention I took A LOT of attempts to get this working(2FOR ME) , I tried the whole process PART(3 TO 5 ONLY !)

GOOD LUCK.

mudassir c.Krystian Brzezowski

Krystian Brzezowski
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 22, 2011, 7:36:11 PM via Website

Yah Right.

It worked. Thanks a mill. A bit tricky but went after first attempt.

Thank you again.

Daremo Sensanome
  • Forum posts: 7

Jul 28, 2011, 1:36:23 AM via Website

I just received my new APAD yesterday. I am a completely new Android user and am lost in the wilderness. I am using Android 1.5 and am having the following issues:

There is no market place that I can find, how do I get new apps.

In such case you have to search the application with extension .APK in the net and transfer it from your PC into the tablet.
Then you processing it by double clicking on it. Your tablet will know it's an application.

There is a way to add market in any tablet, just be patient.

There doesn't seem to be a home button anywhere in the browser so I always have to navigate back manually.

I don't know you tablet but surely it has some arrow buttons. Press UP for a couple of seconds and it will act as Home button..

— modified on Jul 28, 2011, 1:37:37 AM