Free Data Vault App

• Replies:6
Zhonglin Liu
  • Forum posts: 8

Nov 12, 2010, 3:30:20 PM via Website

I just upload an app to protect your sensitive data in your phone, it not only encrypt your data, also hide your encrypted data into a fake picture. So that the hacker or peeker can not find your private data. It can be a photo vault, video vault or any type data vault. Feel free to download it and test it, let me know your comments about it.

Heres a link to the app: https://www.nextpit.com/en/android/market/apps/app/com.DataVaultPayPal/Free-Data-Vault

— modified on Sep 22, 2011, 5:31:52 PM by moderator

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Nov 12, 2010, 3:59:38 PM via App

I must say.. just installed.. and the first screen shows you a list of what's on why SD card, and is asking me to select a path etc.. but the part that is making me the most uncomfortable is the checkbox that is automatically checked by default that says "remove original data".

It would seem to me that the app might seem to intimidating for most to want to use at this time.. needs to be more user friendly.

Zhonglin Liu

Nov 13, 2010, 1:42:13 AM via Website

Hi
Thanks for your comments, yeah, actually I also have some concern about that setting. :) But finally I checked that setting by default, the reason is if the data is sensitive, user may want to hide them and do not leave any copy of that. :)

Zhonglin Liu

Nov 13, 2010, 1:28:45 PM via Website

Yes. and if user uncheck that button, the app will record his selection, next time we will not remove. :) But actually I still have another concern about when user decrypt that data, where should I put those data? current I put it under sdcard/pictures/my_others/ which is same as the encrypted data path, but maybe user want to return those data to the orignal path. What do you think?

Zhonglin Liu

Nov 13, 2010, 1:29:43 PM via Website

User experience always are hard for developers. :)

Anthony Jones
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 8, 2011, 10:01:41 PM via Website

This is a beautiful data valut app. Like the other guy said its a little unfriendly for some users, but I will recommend it to my friends anyway.
About the decrypt path, I would put it back in the original path, but that's just me. You cant please everybody.

— modified on Sep 22, 2011, 5:32:26 PM by moderator