Screen Capture with SDK

• Replies:7
Yan Matusevich
  • Forum posts: 305

Sep 13, 2010, 5:01:14 PM via Website

OK, so ever since I updated my HTC Hero to Android 2.1, the Delvik Debug Monitor won't recognize my phone when I'm trying to do Screen Capture. Debugging is on on my phone and I've made all the necessary SDK updates. Could anyone point me in the right direction? I really need to be able to take screen shots.

Thanks!

Yan Matusevich

Sep 14, 2010, 6:00:48 PM via Website

i downloaded eclipse and configured it, but my phone still isn't recognized. where can i get the right drivers/plugins?

Yan Matusevich

Sep 15, 2010, 6:41:20 AM via Website

i have windows vista. i tried downloading the latest HTC sync from the HTC website, but it wouldn't recognize my serial number (which you have to enter in to download). I ended up finding a version of HTC sync on a forum and downloading it, but my computer still won't recognize my phone. The phone can't connect to HTC Sync and doesn't work with the SDK.

I've spent literally hours trying to figure stuff!! It's driving me a bit up the wall, frankly. I just can't seem to understand what the problem is.

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Sep 15, 2010, 7:43:15 AM via Website

Some suggestions I've been reading in forums:

Make sure you have the original usb cable that came with the phone.

Plug it into a different usb port.

Turn the phone off, then back on again while it is connected with the usb cable.

Wait a few mins for the notification icon to appear on the phone, then drag it down it accept the sync.

Are you getting any particular error message or is it just showing up as an unknown device in windows?

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Sep 15, 2010, 7:58:01 AM via Website

I tried to download the sync software from htc, and had trouble entering the S/N as well, then I found this page that doesn't require a serial number:

http://www.htc.com/us/support/hero-sprint/downloads/