will the htc evo get gingerbread 3.0?

• Replies:4
Adrian P
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 12, 2010, 10:36:17 AM via App

I have the htc evo with froyo. And its a wonderful experience. But if your a evo owner we all know how crappy the battery is. So i bout another batt with 3500 mah. And now i can last up to 4days moderate use in 3g. And 28 hours with 4g full brightness, auto sync, gps, hotspot. with no task killer. The batt does make my evo more bulkier and heavier. But my questions are this. Will the evo get gingerbread? If so what would be the new features? and will it drain the batt more faster?

— modified on Jan 17, 2012, 6:20:09 PM by moderator

Frank W.
  • Forum posts: 5,103

Sep 12, 2010, 10:51:06 AM via App

Hello Adrian,

that question can't answer nobody at this time. But I think the chance for the evo is much higher than for other (older) handsets.
As I know nothing of the new features are known today. But I'm not the deep insider. Perhaps somebody knows more. But I'm pretty direkt not about battery usage. That's too early.

Frank

"Irgendwann, möglicherweise aber auch nie, werde ich dich bitten, mir eine kleine Gefälligkeit zu erweisen." (Don Corleone) Für ein friedliches Miteinander"

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Sep 13, 2010, 12:01:46 PM via Website

Gingerbread, from what I have heard and understood, is directed at Android powered tablets. Honeycomb is supposed to be the next Android version after Gingerbread, but nobody knows for sure what it will have, or what it will be directed towards (handsets or tablets.) From what I know, Android 2.2 is the latest confirmed Android OS version that is specifically designed for handsets, so don't expect Gingerbread to be headed your way anytime soon.

— modified on Jan 17, 2012, 6:20:20 PM by moderator

Gary Garland
  • Forum posts: 22

Sep 7, 2011, 2:01:46 PM via Website

I just read this thread. I have been wondering the same thing about the Samsung Captivate. It seemed to take for ever to get 2.2 but we did eventually get it. Now after 6 months I would like to know when we get bumped up again. I have not been impressed with updates whether they should come from AT&T or Samsung.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Sep 10, 2011, 11:01:42 PM via App

android 3.0/3.1 are tablet only. next for phones AND tablets is 4.0, apparently.

Sinkster