Sending a Video by Email

• Replies:14
Riz Slam
  • Forum posts: 8

Jun 8, 2010, 7:16:21 PM via Website

08/06/10

Evening All,

Hi i dont know if i have posted my query in the correct box as its my first time. I have a slight problem when sending a video via Email, i have the Sony Xperia X10 and if the video is longer than 30 seconds i get a message on screen saying file to big ?? Is there an app out there which can compress the file or is there anothere way of sending my video clips as i dont always have acccess to my laptop. I need to send videos as its for work purposes but am getting annoyed now with the size i can send. :-(

Plz help

Kwong Hoh

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 98

Jun 9, 2010, 4:51:06 PM via Website

Hmm... good question... I'll ask around for ya, I'm not too sure myself.

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Jun 11, 2010, 6:01:42 AM via Website

What kind of email account are you trying to send it with? Are you using a gmail account to send it? I'm not sure how big of a file gmail will let you send from your phone, but if it's limited maybe you can get another email account that allows bigger attachments. Most isp's give you an email account with your internet service. Setting up the account was not too hard for me on my phone, but not sure what type of email app you have for your phone, so I can't give instructions right now.

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 3,855

Jun 11, 2010, 12:55:06 PM via Website

This is certainly an issue of your email account. I have asked in the German forum. A guy has tried and could easily send a video of more than 40 seconds.

Riz Slam

Jun 14, 2010, 12:47:32 AM via Website

Jeremiah McLeod
What kind of email account are you trying to send it with? Are you using a gmail account to send it? I'm not sure how big of a file gmail will let you send from your phone, but if it's limited maybe you can get another email account that allows bigger attachments. Most isp's give you an email account with your internet service. Setting up the account was not too hard for me on my phone, but not sure what type of email app you have for your phone, so I can't give instructions right now.

I have set it up through Yahoo and am at the stage where i dont know what to do ???

Riz Slam

Jun 14, 2010, 12:48:12 AM via Website

Fabien Röhlinger
This is certainly an issue of your email account. I have asked in the German forum. A guy has tried and could easily send a video of more than 40 seconds.

Hi there can u advise on what to do , i have my email account set up with Yahoo ,

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Jun 14, 2010, 8:01:40 AM via App

I would setup a gmail account, from google.com. Then ad the account to your phone. I think if you go to settings - accounts and sync - then ad account you can add your gmail account to your phone. Then when you try to email your video it should ask you which account you'd like to use.

Riz Slam

Jun 16, 2010, 11:42:38 PM via Website

Thanks for the help but am struggling on where to find the add to phone sync ?? Sorry for being a pain .
Please Please can you run me through this

Riz

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jun 17, 2010, 2:34:41 PM via Website

So you have a GMail account now? Go into GMail, then go to the menu, and hit settings, and your options (including yours should be in there.) Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Riz Slam

Jun 20, 2010, 5:16:40 PM via Website

Sorry for the long delay but nope it does not work , still cant email a video clip longer than 40 seconds :-(. Another query is there an app for the Xperia X10 which allows u to bluetooth pictures in one go as i had to send 45 images singly to my sisters phone which took forever

Cheers

Rizxperia

Riz Slam

Jun 21, 2010, 11:45:18 PM via Website

Evening folks , after searching high and low for a app which will allow me to send multiple pics with my Xperia X10 by bluetooth i stumbled across this app "eFile" good app but only downfall to this is if my pics have not been renamed they dont show small pic thumbnails so ihave to open the thumbnail first view thew pic then send which is time consuming again :-( , anyone else found another app ??

Riz

Anthony Selby
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 13, 2011, 2:06:33 AM via Website

Android SendIT on the market lets you send video messages of any size or length to any email address. I've been using it for a couple of months and it works good.

Ventoza group
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 24, 2014, 6:32:21 PM via Website

Vide.me video email!
Send video messages to your friends!
There is a new video service allows you to send short video messages to mailbox without pay. Powered simple and does not require registration. First, write a message, then fill the field, the "From address", "To address", "message" and send it. After a few seconds, your recipient will receive an email with the your message and will be able to see your video addressed to him.
It is a free, without pay!
Vide.me app for Android, now you can use your mobile device to send video messages to your friends using the power of video service Vide.me
Share interesting events in your life with your friends! It's easy to do, all you need to - it's just two simple steps:
1. Record your video using the application Vide.me
2. Send it to your friend's email
And after a few moments, your friend will be able to share your Event with you!

VIde.me for blackberry.
Share interesting events in your life with your friends!
It's easy to do, all you need to - it's just tree simple steps:
1. Sign up for Vide.me use Facebook, Google or Microsoft accounts (individualy only email)
2. Record your video using the application Vide.me for blackberry
3. Send it to your friend's email
And after a few moments, your friend will be able to share your Event with you!
BlackBerry World:

— modified on Feb 24, 2014, 6:33:14 PM

Kwong Hoh

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Feb 25, 2014, 8:29:34 AM via Website

Well, If you have configured yahoo account, then it allows sending 20-25mb of attachment I think your video is more than this size. You got only two option one is to install a video compressor but it will again not work if the size of video is too big. What i'll suggest you is use the service like Dropbox and Google Drive to share such videos, just upload the video on your dropbox and then using the share option share it among the other recipients. It will be much more easier to you ..... It will work great for sending larger files..... !! :lol: