BASIC help for G2

• Replies:16
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 98

Apr 29, 2010, 4:37:57 PM via Website

Hi all,

I've already posted this in the forum, but I'm so impatient to start using my new G2 Touch that I'll repost here: can anyone tell me how to do a jailbreak on a G2 that's linked to a provider different from the one I'm using?

Thanks!

Deactivated Account

Apr 30, 2010, 3:44:04 PM via Website

Douglas Carter
I'll ask around.

Thanks!

Dennis S.
  • Forum posts: 699

Apr 30, 2010, 3:58:43 PM via Website

are you sure you have to jailbreak? do they really have a netlock? i am pretty sure in germany all the android phones are ready to use for every provider

Deactivated Account

Apr 30, 2010, 4:11:31 PM via Website

Dennis S.
are you sure you have to jailbreak? do they really have a netlock? i am pretty sure in germany all the android phones are ready to use for every provider

My phone is definitely netlocked. :angry:

A jailbreak is in order... boo!

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 5,136

Apr 30, 2010, 7:01:57 PM via Website

Fabien already did it Douglas !!

But as a matter of fact it seems that no one has a solution or an idea how to jailbreak an G2.

Here in Germany (Austria also) all the Androids are unlocked! So there is no need to work around any jailbreak.

Maybe there is help availiable at xda Developers ?

lg Voss

Deactivated Account

May 1, 2010, 8:50:04 AM via Website

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to check them out and let you know how it turns out. It IS weird and annoying that my G2 is netlocked.........

Francesco Murru
  • Forum posts: 7

May 20, 2010, 12:19:33 PM via Website

Hi , you can check : theunlockr.com - how to root your hero with one click , there is a video that explain all, be carefull because is been updated! BeHero and Vanilla are the best ROM......I would wait june and get the HTC ufficial Upgrade, I know is stressful ...I'm in the same situation as everybody else.....another thing....if devide to root your G2 you will loose the warranty for sure. Good lack!!
Frank

Deactivated Account

May 20, 2010, 3:27:22 PM via Website

Franck, thanks! I'm going to give it a try, at this point I don't care about the warranty, I just wanna be able to use my G2!!!

Francesco Murru

May 20, 2010, 3:47:30 PM via Website

Hi again... where do you live? Maybe is your lucky day today ...because if you live in London there is a nice meeting today at 16.30 for android developers, a nice group of people, you can check for yourself at http://www.meetup.com/android/calendar/ maybe see you there.
If you don't live in London then pop up another time.
Frank

Francesco Murru

May 20, 2010, 4:13:19 PM via Website

Hi Jana don't be in a hurry I'm one of those gays crazy to get my G2 rooted like you but I didn't ...not for the warranty in itself but beacuse there is not a stable version yet and at same time it's a little tricky procedure and if you never done it before on Android you may brick the phone .
A part of that there is a bit of confusion around regarding the availability of stable ROM , I have tried 6 of them and no one is perfect.( I f you decide for a go don't forget to do the backup of your data with Nandroid backup ...I mean it ) anyway you can do everything good and still have some problem like no WIFI or the No Market or something else.then..... I would recommend you to use a second hand device a £ 50 phone just in case then if you find yourself ok with all the procedure then do it is up to you!. Read 10 reasons not to root your phone and 5 reasons to root your phone on Google. I have some friends that they didnt like it and others that they were happy to have a rooted phone even with little problem....it's a choice.....and is not a 5 minutes job that for sure! Ciao
Frank

Deactivated Account

May 20, 2010, 4:26:51 PM via Website

Hey, thanks a lot for all the good suggestions. I'm not in London unfortunately, otherwise I'd come to the meeting. Hope you lot have a good time and tell the others about AndroidPIT, our community is still growing and we're always happy to see some new faces, so to speak :)

Now I'm a bit nervous about rooting the G2... I'll let you know what I decide to do, how I decide to do it and how it works out... It's really frustrating, because I'm so eager to use the G2.

Ciao!

Francesco Murru

May 20, 2010, 4:57:11 PM via Website

May I ask you why you want to root the phone?....What is the reason? beause the first month I started to use my Hero on 3 Uk I was like you I just want the phone rooted ....then with time and with all my skills and the previous knowledge with Windows Moble I installed the best applications and other stuff and onestly I don't need it anymore or not now.
The only thing I need for Hero is 1) the update to Eclair 2.1 and 2) the App2 SD Card
The first one is a problem I hope that will be sort it out by HTc in June....eveybody is waiting ......the second is the possiblity to save the applications on the memory card and for me is very important but thisit will depend from Google and they said soon they will solve it Anyway
..I manage to install 120 but now I've got 20Mb left I need to slow down now. That's all. . If you need some applications's names or advice don't esitate to call. Ciao

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 14

Mar 14, 2011, 4:35:14 AM via Website

thanks for your help. maybe I can do better now.