Battery charging issue after factory reset

• Replies:3
Dancam14
  • Forum posts: 1

May 31, 2023, 12:55:23 AM via Website

Hi all, I was just wondering if anybody here could help me out with this or had an explanation, basically I had to factory reset my Moto edge 20 lite phone, since then my phone says its turbo/fast charging but quite clearly isn't , I don't think the battery is actually damaged at all, has anyone else heard of this happening or have a fix ?? Thanks

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Jun 1, 2023, 2:47:17 AM via Website

I don't think a factory resetting will help your current battery charging issue.

It is recommended to unplug the USB cable to reconnect or replace this USB cable at first since you are sure that the battery is not damaged at all. Good luck to you.

If this does not work yet, go to the nearest Lenovo Customer Service Center for a professional battery performance check.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
wextio
  • Forum posts: 124

Jun 2, 2023, 11:13:50 AM via Website

After a factory reset, you can try a few things to fix the fast charging issue on your Moto Edge 20 lite.

Ensure you use the original charger and cable that came with your phone. If you are using a third-party charger or cable, it may not be compatible with fast charging.
Try a different outlet. If you are charging your phone from a power outlet, try another outlet to see if that makes a difference.

Motorola releases software updates for its phones regularly. These updates often include bug fixes and performance improvements. Go to Settings > System > System updates to update your phone's software.

Reset the charging preferences. Go to Settings > Battery > Battery usage > Three dots in the top right > Battery preferences > Charging. Make sure that "Fast charging" is turned on.

Factory reset your phone. As a last resort, you can try factory resetting your phone. This will erase all of your data, so back up your phone before you do this. To factory reset your phone, go to Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Erase all data (factory reset).

If you have tried all these steps and still have problems with fast charging, you may need to contact Motorola for further assistance.

Helpful?
Jim121FC
  • Forum posts: 17

Sep 22, 2023, 10:33:40 AM via Website

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this used to only the authorized chargers.

Helpful?