Samsung Galaxy Tab — How do I stop having to sign in constantly?

• Replies:4
  • Answered
katkin
  • Forum posts: 3

Sep 25, 2022, 2:39:33 PM via Website

I've only just bought my Galaxy S8, but it's driving me nuts having to keep signing in. I only have to stop using it for a minute (or less) when it asks for my password again. I'm beginning to wish I'd never bought it.
I'm writing this on my desktop PC as I wouldn't risk it on the tablet in case I had to start over again.
If anyone can advise me on what to do, I would be very grateful. Thank you :)

Best answer
James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Sep 26, 2022, 3:41:28 AM via Website

Does it ask you to sign in to your Samsung account? Have you added your Samsung account in the 'Settings > Accounts and backup' of your Galaxy S8?

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
katkin
katkin

Sep 26, 2022, 5:34:57 PM via Website

Thank you for your help. I have set up a Samsung account, but only this morning. It hasn't appeared in Settings>Accounts and backup, though. Should it?

When I open the tablet (even if I've left it for just a minute or two) I have to put in the password (the one I made for the tablet, not my new Samsung account password).
It's very annoying to have to do this every time. .....On my desktop PC, I only have to put in my password when I boot up, and if I leave it for a while, it goes to sleep, and when I wake it up, no further login/password is required until the next boot-up. So I don't see why the tablet needs a password each time you leave it for more than a couple of minutes. If there's a way around this I'd really appreciate knowing. Sorry this is so long.

Thank you again for your help, which is much appreciated. :)

Helpful?
katkin

Sep 28, 2022, 6:44:37 PM via Website

Is there anyone who has a clue how to stop this? I really would appreciate some advice. Thanks. 🙂

Helpful?
Dorothy Hodgson
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 10, 2023, 1:14:36 PM via Website

Iam having same problem,very irritating

Helpful?