Excel File Error ‘The document cannot be saved’

• Replies:2
  • Answered
annibraun
  • Forum posts: 3

Aug 5, 2020, 9:17:10 AM via Website

Hi,
Yesterday, I worked on a file but today when I open it again it showing me a File error:- “Data may have been lost”.

Best answer
Victoriya Luna
  • Forum posts: 3

Aug 5, 2020, 1:18:18 PM via Website

Your system will display this message when the process of temporary file creation fails while you are renaming the temporary file or removing the original one. It might even occur for the same reasons described under the “Document Not Completely Saved or Document Not Saved” section. In such cases, your temporary file can be used but your original file gets deleted.
Don’t worry! I have some easy tips for you to tackle Excel saving errors-
Delete excel add-ins: Sometimes, corrupted Excel add-ins might cause errors when you try to save your file. Here’s how you can disable these add-ins on your system:
 Open Microsoft excel options and click on the file.
 Open manage, click on add-ins, and select go.
 Disable the add-ins and see if the problem is resolved.
If you’ve tried everything else and failed at getting rid of Excel saving errors, your Microsoft Excel application might be experiencing issues or the file in question might be corrupted. In such a case, using the services of a reliable Excel repair application is the best solution.
Moreover, you may read and take help from this relatable blog- www.stellarinfo.com/blog/excel-file-error-the-document-cannot-be-saved/

Helpful?
annibraun
HeatherVaV
  • Forum posts: 9

Aug 6, 2020, 4:52:26 PM via Website

Very useful, thanks

Helpful?