Motorola Moto G — Moto G7 power - Can't transfer epub files through bluetooth

• Replies:3
JeannyB
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 14, 2020, 7:57:29 PM via Website

I have a new moto g7 power, and I can't transfer epub files to it through bluetooth, I get an error on my pc saying that the device does not recognize/accept/allow the file type. (sorry, a translation, no idea about the exact wording in english). I tried sending other files - pdf/txt/mp4, it works fine. I tried sending epub files from the pc to other devices, also works fine. I transfered the file through usb cable, and I opened it no problem. So I'd be grateful for any idea as to what's wrong.

marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Jan 15, 2020, 12:48:57 AM via Website

Very strange. Try changing the extension of the file and transferring it. Once transferred change it back. Probably something like .bat would work

Helpful?
JeannyB
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 15, 2020, 7:41:23 PM via Website

I tried, and it didn't work, but thanks anyway.

It's frustrating as hell, because like I said, I tried just about everything. Sending other types of files, sending the epub files from laptop to other devices - no problem. I reset the bluetooth and wireless on the phone, but nothing's changed. I tried several different epub and mobi files, from different sources, and still the same error, so I originally thought that maybe Motorola just has a built-in block against sending any e-book type of file, but nobody's mentioned it anywhere online, and official support sites seem to be unreachable.

Helpful?
marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Jan 16, 2020, 12:39:43 AM via Website

Clear cache maybe?

Helpful?