How to set up WhatsApp when SIM card is not working

• Replies:6
flafersil
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 19, 2019, 11:28:40 AM via Website

Hey there!

So I have a Norwegian phone with dual sim card, but apparently it is blocked for non-european sim cards. I want to use WhatsApp on my Brazilian sim card, but the phone won't recognize this card. Is there a way to set up WhatApp with my same number form the Brazilian sim card without having the sim card working on the phone? I have had someone do this to my phone before, so I'm pretty sure it can't be done, but no idea how.

Thanks!

marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Nov 19, 2019, 2:02:30 PM via Website

I may be wrong but it seems very difficult

Helpful?
Andy Smith
  • Forum posts: 33

Nov 20, 2019, 10:31:50 AM via Website

You don't need to insert SIM card on your Phone. You can use your old sim number to active WhatsApp on your new phone. It is a very simple step and read below. But You want to temporarily another phone to support your SIM.

1. Install WhatsApp in your new Phone.
  2. Then open WhatsApp and accept term & condition
  3. Enter your mobile number and press the okay button (you must enter the mobile number that is inserted now into another phone )
  4. Enter the OTP you will receive on that number
  5. You can restore your old chat backup to your new Phone.
  6. Now enter your name and upload your profile photo.

That's it.

— modified on Nov 20, 2019, 10:33:04 AM

Helpful?
Alisawangly
  • Forum posts: 83

Nov 21, 2019, 4:51:05 AM via Website

But register or sign in whatsapp needs the SIM, receive message to register or sign in, so, it's impossible I think.(thinking), buy one SIM local.

Helpful?
irum123
  • Forum posts: 30

Nov 21, 2019, 12:41:58 PM via Website

best answer

Helpful?
shelleymorris
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 23, 2019, 9:34:29 AM via Website

First of all, you need the sim for setup purposes. Actually, After Complete the Verification by SMS you don't need sim card again.

Helpful?
susanjee
  • Forum posts: 14

Nov 25, 2019, 11:04:20 AM via Website

I don't think so there is any other alternate option as you must have a contact number where you receive the confirmation message to get access to the WhatsApp.

Helpful?