Asus Transformer Pad Infinity — can not add a shortcut icon from the apps list to home screen

• Replies:5
RICHARD
  • Forum posts: 4

Oct 31, 2019, 2:38:17 AM via Website

i have ASUS ZenPad 3S 10 (Z500M) [model p027] and i can not add a shortcut icon from the apps list by pressing and dragging the icon from the all apps list.

i know i used to could do it so something has changed preventing it.

plz help.

marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Oct 31, 2019, 4:29:51 AM via Website

If you have a launcher check in your launcher settings if the home screen is locked and unlock it

Helpful?
RICHARD

Oct 31, 2019, 5:07:40 AM via Website

if you're referring to screen lock, there is no screen lock - i am not sure what 'launcher' refers to.
yeah, i have figured it is not possible to make a shortcut from the master list from what i have read in faq's and queries across the net . . . it seems to me what is missing that the manual says should be there is that in the 'manage home' section the icon 'widgets' should be saying 'widgets and apps' but it only says 'widgets'.

Helpful?
RICHARD

Oct 31, 2019, 5:17:32 AM via Website

maybe this is a clue, i also am not able to make a folder by dropping an app icon onto another or drop an app icon into an existing folder - the icon i'm trying to drop onto just 'jumps' out of the way.

Helpful?
RICHARD

Oct 31, 2019, 5:25:22 AM via Website

ahh, forget that last statement - i was not moving the icon fast enough into an existing folder . . . red herring. but i can not for the life of me see why the 'widgets' icon in the 'manage home' home section does not say 'widgets and apps' - that is where the problem appears to be.

Helpful?
James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,583

Oct 31, 2019, 8:32:34 AM via Website

RICHARD

ahh, forget that last statement - i was not moving the icon fast enough into an existing folder . . . red herring. but i can not for the life of me see why the 'widgets' icon in the 'manage home' home section does not say 'widgets and apps' - that is where the problem appears to be.

For my phone, in the 'manage home' home section, there is the 'widgets' icon other than 'widgets and apps' icon. And I think it is reasonable. Isn't it?

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?