Nothing works after a reboot/restart untill device is unlocked

• Replies:8
beingdinu
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 26, 2019, 7:37:54 PM via Website

Hello Guys,

I dont know how many of the us is facing this issue, I am using Key2 128GB and i am facing a strange issue wherein whenever i reboot the device or Shutdown and start, the messages, calls, email etc stops working untill and unless i unlock the device. once its unlocked it takes few seconds just showing the wall paper and then all the icons and the clocks comes up and things start to work.

I have also came across some other issues where in suddenly my notification for incoming calls and messages will go off (no sound, no vibration) as i have selected a complete radio silence and the calls are miss. I even get a small message sometimes at the bottom "the OTG is not active" someting like this from time to time.

Hope there is a ressolution for this, Thank you.

Regards,
Dinu

marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Aug 27, 2019, 1:29:13 AM via Website

Sorry but could you be a bit more clear. It is difficult to understand what your problem is.

Helpful?
James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Aug 27, 2019, 7:36:18 AM via Website

What brand & model is your mobile phone?
Have you tried the method "factory reset + clear cache partition" after a full data backup?

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
marco sarli
  • Admin

Aug 27, 2019, 8:00:21 AM via Website

It is a Blackberry

Helpful?
marco sarli
  • Admin

Aug 27, 2019, 8:05:28 AM via Website

Reading again the post I seem to understand that after rebooting ,one way or the other, there is a screen lock and he has to unlock it before being able to use the phone. I do not know what screen lock he has installed and I am not very familiar with Blackberry but ,if he has a screen lock it is normal ,to my knowledge, to boot to the screen lock and have to unlock it or it would defy the purpose of having a screen lock.If I am right he should uninstall the screen lock or work on its settings

— modified on Aug 27, 2019, 8:13:40 AM

Helpful?
beingdinu
  • Forum posts: 2

Aug 27, 2019, 4:39:01 PM via Website

I am using a Blackberry phone Key2 (the one with a keyboard) and its the default andriod screen lock, I tried the Factory reset and it still didnt work.

~Dinu
flicked through the keys of my Key2 on Jarvee VPS

Helpful?
akhand
marco sarli
  • Admin

Aug 28, 2019, 1:36:36 AM via Website

It is normal to booth to the screen lock. You should disable it if you do not want it. What is strange is the lag after unlocking the phone. You better ask for assistance in the shop

Helpful?
hani
  • Forum posts: 28

Aug 28, 2019, 8:02:31 AM via Website

it is difficult to understand what is your problem.

Helpful?
akhand
  • Forum posts: 4

Aug 31, 2019, 12:31:13 PM via Website

Just clear all the data once.

Helpful?