Camera image quality.

• Replies:3
ht_man
  • Forum posts: 2

May 13, 2019, 2:56:19 PM via Website

Hi, I've been given a HTC Wildfire, and bought another one to use the spare battery and to use as a battery charger.

I have tested the camera quality for the both of them. My main one has very good quality, but the extra one I bought (is in very good condition) seems to produce worse quality images, they look out of focus on the left side and the bottom side.

I have cleaned the lens inside and out so it isn't that. I have taken pictures rotating the camera and it's the same, the pictures are out of focus left and bottom.

I've checked this forum and have found that images from other peoples htc buzz cameras, some seem not so good, where others seem very good.

My question is, it seems like a software problem. is there a way to transfer the exact software from my main phone to the spare phone.

Or is it that with these phones it is just luck of the draw if you get a really good quality camera?

Here are two images, the out of focus is the 1st one:

Out of focus, left and bottom, from spare camera:

Very good quality, from mothers htc buzz phone:

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

May 14, 2019, 10:57:26 AM via Website

I think the good camera quality results more from the camera hardware than from the camera app. And the stock camera app is not available unless you have rooted the phone and then extracted the apk for that app.

But now you may try the free 'Google Camera' app from Google Play for better camera quality.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
ht_man
ht_man
  • Forum posts: 2

May 14, 2019, 11:48:40 AM via Website

Hi James. I was thinking hardware problem. But when I tested it by rotating the phone 180 deg the out of focus sections were still on the left and bottom. If it was hardware, the out of focus would be right and top after I had rotated it 180 deg?

One of the phones is rooted, I can also root the other. I will have to work out how to extract the apk file and try copying it.

For the google camera app, I don't have play installed - do you have any advice how I can get this installed, I've been trying but not managed it yet.

Helpful?
Honor UAE
  • Forum posts: 16

May 16, 2019, 9:52:12 AM via Website

These pictures are very attractive, but I must say that your HTC mobile has the best camera result which can be checked from this image.

Helpful?