having a LOT of trouble

• Replies:18
  • Answered
coda46
  • Forum posts: 10

Apr 27, 2019, 5:16:25 PM via Website

I´m trying to transfer my account to another phone. Same number,different phone. Every time I try I just have to wait for longer and longer (48 hours atm) for an sms, which never comes ! It´s driving me nuts ´cos in the meantime, I have to carry 2 phones with me which is a PITA. Any help/advice would be apprecitated TIA

Best answer
coda46

Apr 28, 2019, 12:22:15 PM via Website

Nee, jouw oplossing werkte perfect !! Heb het nu op mijn andere telefoon. Heel erg bedankt Sara x

Helpful?
sara
  • Forum posts: 11

Apr 27, 2019, 8:14:21 PM via Website

hi! I dont know if I can help, but I will try
what type of phones do you have?
The text you are expecting, is the text with the code to install whats app I suppose?

Helpful?
coda46

Apr 27, 2019, 8:19:48 PM via Website

Yes that´s what I´m waiting on. It´s the verify code six digits

Helpful?
sara

Apr 27, 2019, 8:49:04 PM via Website

ok, have you changed your phone number in your old whats app on your old phone first or not yet?

Helpful?
coda46

Apr 27, 2019, 8:53:52 PM via Website

sara

ok, have you changed your phone number in your old whats app on your old phone first or not yet?
It´s the same sim card therefore the same number. I just took it from my old phone and put it into the new one

Helpful?
sara

Apr 27, 2019, 9:02:50 PM via Website

ok, I understand. Are the two phones the same type , for instance both iphones or Samsung or Nokia? Do you have a firewall on your mobile phone?

Helpful?
coda46

Apr 27, 2019, 9:18:33 PM via Website

No the old one is a Redmi s2 ( well...used) is a Galaxy Note 4. Both Android

Helpful?
sara

Apr 27, 2019, 9:25:47 PM via Website

is there a chance you can make a back up of your old phone and install it on your Galaxy? it should fix this issue right away because WHats app will be in it also.
Or can you put it on an SD card if you can put that in the Note.

Helpful?
coda46

Apr 27, 2019, 9:29:43 PM via Website

I think that might be the answer- I´ll try tomorrow. Getting late here in Spain. Thanks for the help

Helpful?
sara

Apr 27, 2019, 9:45:02 PM via Website

or try these options?
1.Make sure your date and time on your device is correct. Its recommended that you set the time and date to set automatically or Automatic date and time.

The setting is usually found in settings under General or General management.

1. Update Whatsapp to the latest version, the App may be outdated so go to the App store or Play Store and update to the newest version.

3.Make sure your network connection is working fine as this can affect you receiving the message. Also depending on your network make sure you have service that’s active. Also that your device is configured to received messages properly.Make sure you can also browse the internet normally as if you cant that could be the source of the problem.

4.Go to settings, Apps and search for Whatsapp when finished go ahead and select storage and then Clear cache and clear data.

Launch Whatsapp and grant relevant permissions and try the setup process again from scratch. Also remember to grant Whatsapp the ability the view and read SMS messages and the process should complete this time.

5.Also try going to reset and choose the option:Reset network settings which will not delete your data but reset all network settings to their default. Then try the setup again.

Helpful?
sara

Apr 27, 2019, 9:45:51 PM via Website

yes, here also in The Netherlands :-)
good luck and let me know if it works or not?

Helpful?
coda46

Apr 27, 2019, 10:34:41 PM via Website

sara

yes, here also in The Netherlands :-)
good luck and let me know if it works or not?

Ah, jij bent een Nederlander. Hoe geweldig is dat? Ik heb daar 20 jaar gewoond

Helpful?
coda46

Apr 28, 2019, 9:00:22 AM via Website

I´m afraid none of the above suggestion helped folks. Thanks anyway I´m just going to move over to Signal. It´s not owned by Zuckenberg, so there´s a plus right away

Helpful?
sara

Apr 28, 2019, 10:09:30 AM via Website

dat meen je niet?! hoe grappig inderdaad! dan kunnen we ook in het nederlands lullen, net zo makkelijk.
Als je toch nog whats app zou willen , kun je ook proberen om na 5 minuten als je de code niet invult, op de knop te drukken dat ze je bellen met de code.
Dat heb ik ook wel eens gedaan. Dan bellen ze gewoon op je nieuwe nummer.

Helpful?
coda46

Apr 28, 2019, 10:36:18 AM via Website

Ja, ik ben Schots, dus neem me niet kwalijk als mijn grammatica niet perfect is. Ik moet nu 46 uur wachten, dus ik zal het gewoon opnieuw installeren. Dank je wel, Sara

Helpful?
sara

Apr 28, 2019, 11:58:48 AM via Website

ah een echte globetrotter dus!
Schots is voor mij een heel moeilijke maar prachtige taal..
Ik hoop dat het lukt, 46 uur is wel heel lang. Het zou normaal 5 minuten duren en dan kun je op een knop drukken om je te laten bellen.
Misschien ben je sneller als je whats app contacteert, vraag ik me af?

Helpful?
coda46
Best answer
coda46

Apr 28, 2019, 12:22:15 PM via Website

Nee, jouw oplossing werkte perfect !! Heb het nu op mijn andere telefoon. Heel erg bedankt Sara x

Helpful?
coda46

Apr 28, 2019, 12:26:05 PM via Website

TYVM to all who gave me great advice. All sorted now

Helpful?
sara

Apr 28, 2019, 12:49:39 PM via Website

heel graag gedaan, blij dat het is opgelost!!
x

Helpful?