Android Pie (Note 9) and 2019 Chevy MyLink Infotainment Issue

• Replies:7
matt32
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 12, 2019, 9:34:23 PM via Website

Alright... let me take a deep breath...

I am having an issue with my 2019 Chevy MyLink infotainment system and its integration with my Note 9 since the Android Pie update.

The issue: When I receive a phone call through Bluetooth OR Android auto, I am able to answer the phone call but... The ringer will NOT stop ringing on my infotainment system. The only way I can talk to the person on the other line is by picking up my phone and disabling it from the infotainment system (this did not happen at all on the previous software version and it was glorious). The ringer will also never turn off even after the phone call is ended. The only way I can turn the ringer off while driving is by turning it down (cannot switch back to radio to continue listening to music, which is very aggravating), so I am sitting in silence for the remainder of my trip... unless... I pull over on the side of the road, shut my vehicle down for 2 minutes to let the computer reset and start it back up. This issue does not occur on my work iPhone either... I thought that it might be an issue that chevy's infotainment support team could solve... It seems that it is not their issue because it only happens to android Pie software version phones and not any others. I call Samsung... do everything you could think of to troubleshoot this issue (finally factory reset my phone completely only to NOT resolve the issue). Samsung seems to believe that I need to send my phone in for a repair (even though it wasn't happening with the previous software version). Chevy thinks I need to just wait for a new software update for Android Pie... but I hate waiting because it is a very aggravating issue and love my music! Is ANYONE else having these same issues? Is there a solution that anyone can think of? I would like to just revert back to the previous software version and forget about it, but I am not sure of the problems that may cause...

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Feb 12, 2019, 11:59:32 PM via Website

I would take Chevys advice and wait for your cars computer to be updated.
And hope for the best!
Because when a new software is installed in your phone it is impossible to remove!
Not even a Factory Reset will remove a software update!

Helpful?
Mark Tomlinson Jr.
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 13, 2019, 3:16:34 AM via Website

Matt,

This is a known issue that is currently being worked on. Unfortunately the only workaround that I know of at this time is uninstall Android Auto from your phone and use Bluetooth only.

Helpful?
Steve McCoy
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 17, 2019, 8:56:45 PM via Website

Thanks Mark, I may just have to do that. I'm in the same boat as the original email:
- just took possession at end of Feb of 2019 Terrain;
- March 15 (ironically, day after Pi-day) I installed Android Pie on my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note9). Once an incoming call is started, I just get the phone ringer sound that is the default with the infotainment system. Only way to get rid of it is as the original poster suggested: pull over, shut off the car for a few minutes, and then go about life.
- I will try your suggestion of just BT and no AA for the time being and see if anything works. Shame to lose the nav feature that the phone brought to the table however. But, for the ability to handle calls and listen to the radio, I'm all for that one inconvenience. I can always use a dashboard mount!

Thanks.

Helpful?
Steve McCoy

Mar 17, 2019, 8:58:49 PM via Website

Matt:

I'm with you (same phone, but a GMC vehicle). I don't have an answer, just wanted you to know you're not alone.

/steve

Helpful?
Jennie Ford
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 29, 2019, 10:52:13 PM via Website

It happens in bluetooth only as well. I have factory reset both my note 9 and my 19 Terrain. I thought it was android auto but I uninstalled it and it happened in bluetooth mode. Very annoying! It only happens on my phone and not my husband's galaxy 8 plus

Helpful?
Steve McCoy

Mar 30, 2019, 1:47:01 PM via Website

I don't have the bluetooth issues, my Note9 connects just fine with my '19 Terrain. I haven't tried AA again, but will let you know how it works out when I take the plunge and put it back in.

Helpful?
Mark Tomlinson Jr.
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 3, 2019, 6:03:49 PM via Website

Jennie,

It happens on Bluetooth as well when you have Android Auto installed on phone. If you uninstall Android Auto, delete the bluetooth pairing on both phone and car radio and then repair you'll be fine. The issue only happens on your Note 9 because it has Android 9 your Husband's Galaxy 8 probably has 8.1 version. It is an issue related to all Samsung phones on Android 9 (Pie) with Android Auto. It is really an issue that is between Samsung and Google and not your car radio. The issue is being worked on and most have had the issue resolved from my understanding after a recent update with Android Auto

Helpful?