Video is rotated and squeezed when sent in Messenger and Viber

• Replies:2
Bencuri
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 30, 2019, 5:03:00 AM via Website

So in case I record a portrait mode video on my Samsung S4, and watch it in the gallery, it plays fine. But when I send such a video in Messenger or Viber, it often arrives to the recipent squeezed. What this means is that the frame of the video is still in upward portrait mode, but the video appears in it rotated in 90 degree and squeezed to landscape mode dimensions. And there are cases when the video sent to the recipent plays fine still in portrait mode, but there is no sound.

Do you have any idea how to fix this?

The phone has the latest system update installed and latest version of Messenger.

There are rare occasions when I record a video and in case I want to play it from the gallery it says: "unable to play video". But in case the video is playable from the gallery, then it plays fine, in the mode it was recorded in, with sound.

iosman
  • Forum posts: 7

Jan 30, 2019, 8:28:59 AM via Website

Nice blog with genuine information. Thanks alot.

Helpful?
longer
  • Forum posts: 15

Jul 24, 2020, 10:14:05 AM via Website

It's strange. I just have ever rotated my sideway video with Joyoshare Media Cutter to correct its angle. But it seems that there is something wrong with your device camera. If it happens a lot, it's better to contact the after-sales service?

Helpful?