Google Fit recording move minutes and heart points even when sitting

• Replies:4
Jeff Baars
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 13, 2019, 5:14:44 PM via Website

First off, I've gotten a lot out of the Fit app since I got my Pixel 3. I look at it all the time and it has worked pretty well so far. Yesterday though I went on a hike and this time decided to click the '+' button to add the event as I started. I stopped the event when I was done. Ever since however, Fit is recording Move Minutes and Heart Points for every single minute of the day, even when it's sitting on a table. Or even when the phone is turned off! I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Fit, I've cleared the cache for Fit, I've rebooted the phone. Still happening. So far today all I've done is get out of bed and make coffee and I've got 75 heart points. Anyway, help!

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Jan 14, 2019, 11:53:45 AM via Website

Try clearing all data on your fit app.
If that don't work then disable the app,
Restart your phone and enable the app again.
But be warned, doing that will erease all past activity on the app.

— modified on Jan 14, 2019, 12:00:12 PM

Helpful?
mahikhan
Jeff Baars
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 14, 2019, 6:01:39 PM via Website

I ended up going into the Journal section of the Fit app and deleted several activities there and that seems to have fixed it.

Helpful?
mahikhan
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Jan 14, 2019, 10:56:23 PM via Website

Jeff Baars

I ended up going into the Journal section of the Fit app and deleted several activities there and that seems to have fixed it.

Good I'm glad you didn't have to delete your past data!
Many times when a app messes up like that , clearing all the data will fix it!
But you lose all the data stored in that app I'm glad you didn't have to go that route!
Take care!

Helpful?
mahikhan
mahikhan
  • Forum posts: 11

Aug 5, 2019, 3:09:39 PM via Website

thanksssss

Helpful?