Motorola Moto G — Moto G6 charging/data cable problems

• Replies:2
Trickediatr
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 4, 2018, 4:59:25 AM via Website

Got a Moto G6 a few weeks ago (not the Play or Plus). Android Oreo. The charging cable that came with it works great, but seems a tad loose, but I need more than 1 cable around, and too short for my other uses except for night time charging. I since bought a 10 foot USB-A to USB-C cable on ebay, as well as a micro-USB to USB-C adapter at Five Below. The ten foot cable is very wiggly in the G6's port, and often does not make connection to charge. If I pick up the phone, will hear the USB disconnected signal on my PC, and then will connect again, randomly. The adapter is in-between, somewhat loose, and only disconnects when using the phone sometimes. Again, the OEM cable is somewhat loose, but works fine. Also, the ten foot cable and adapter when connected won't let me transfer files to/from phone,while the OEM cable will let me transfer files fine. It lets me open to view files after choosing "transfer files", but then hangs and get "a device attached to the system is not functioning" on both my Windows 7 PC's when I try to copy files either way or delete. So what is going on here with both these problems? Bad USB port on phone? Also, how do I get the phone to beep when the cable is connecting or disconnecting? I don't see any setting. My old Sammy would give a tone each time. Thanks.

PS I tried to see if the USB port was loose with a toothpick, and it seems solid, so is there special USB cables?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Dec 4, 2018, 12:02:13 PM via Website

I would send that cable back to Amazon for a refund!
Amazon has been getting a lot of junk merchandise lately and in some cases they don't even realize it!
This was on our evening news awhile ago.
Go to your local electronics store to shop for a new cable!

Helpful?
Alisawangly
  • Forum posts: 83

Dec 6, 2018, 8:17:29 AM via Website

Where did you buy this Moto G6? If you bought it at Amazon, you can find Amazon sellers and ask if they have the original data cable to sell, and then buy one.

Helpful?