My Android phone dies at 85% battery life... HELP; need a solution!

• Replies:5
Kumar Vinod
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 28, 2018, 7:51:57 PM via Website

Hello techies;
Off late my Android phone is acting weird. It takes about 45 minutes to an hour to get charged completely and then when I start using it, the charging levels drop down pretty quickly. Once the phone's battery life gets below 85% it dies out completely. Checked the Battery usage and there's a steep curve down after it reaches 85%.

I have already changed the old battery for a new one, but that doesn't seem to be a solution. The problem still persists. After checking a couple of blogs I did wipe out the "cache partition" just hoping the problem would be resolved. But that too didn't stop my phone's addictive nature of being charged 24/7; yes, that's true. I have to keep my phone connected to a charger while at home, to a USB while at work and to the jack while commuting! I am barely able to perform any task or answer a call without keeping my phone charged continuously.

I did check this with a local service center and they seem to have no clue (I know they aren't capable enough)

I am pretty frustrated now! any good techie's out there who can help me out with a solution for this.
I can buy a new phone like tomorrow, but just want to defy myself on getting this current problem sorted.

By the way; I use a Panasonic Eluga i2.

Thanks in advance! Cheers!

sigaukei
  • Forum posts: 15

Nov 28, 2018, 9:26:03 PM via Website

This is quite unusual because that usually happens when the battery cells have a problem and can no longer hold enough power that can sustain the phone, but in this case, you just bought a new battery, it's very unusual.
Which model of phone is it? Some model of mobile phones develops that problem despite how you use it.
Also, I urge you to factory reset your phone, this will usually work when there are Applications or background functions using too much battery power.
To factory reset your phone:
Go to settings>>Generall settings>>Backup and reset>>Factory data reset>>Reset device

But make sure you backup all your data because the process will wipe all currently on your phone.
hope that will help

ngoni

Helpful?
Kumar Vinod

Nov 28, 2018, 9:39:49 PM via Website

Thanks, Ngoni!

I have done the hard reset thrice since this problem has started but in vain.
Please keep me posted if you are able to suggest other possible solutions!

By the way; I use a Panasonic Eluga i2.

Thanks,
Vinod Kumar

Helpful?
sigaukei
Kumar Vinod

Nov 28, 2018, 9:54:18 PM via Website

Another info! Thought this might help.
At times; when I restart my phone it says "Android is starting: Optimizing app 1 of 51" and this takes nearly 20 minutes to complete.

Helpful?
Uooker
  • Forum posts: 12

Dec 2, 2018, 8:39:49 AM via Website

Get a new battery or Android .

Helpful?
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Dec 2, 2018, 9:57:56 AM via Website

This is completely strange!!!
When you check your battery usage did you check to see what apps are running and how much charge they were using?
Suggestions;
Turn off your GPS, your WiFi signal locater, disable chrome and use the regular Google browser, and turn down the brightness of your screen.
These are all a heavy and constant drain on your battery.
If none of these decreases your battery usage, then there might be something wrong with the charger or the charging systems in your phone.
How old is that phone and is it still under warranty?

Helpful?