Whatsapp erase my chat history regulerly

• Replies:9
Naor naor
  • Forum posts: 5

Oct 28, 2018, 2:54:53 AM via Website

A week ago, whatsapp stated to erase my chat history every couple of hours.
I had Xiaomi redmi note 3 and thought that it caused by the phone. So I bought a new Xiaomi Pocophone f1, and this problem follows me!
Now, every few minutes my chat history erases itselves, and goes back to the last backup.
Im tired of this, and I miss a lot of messeges, includes from family and customers.
So I uninstalled the app for now.

I also contact Whatsapp Support, and it didnt help. They just thinks Im stupid enough to not find the answer in their support center...

Please help!!!!:'(

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Oct 28, 2018, 11:41:51 AM via Website

Facebook has purchased Whatsapp in a age old business tactic to eliminate it's competitor.
In my opinion they are deliberately making Whatsapp malfunction so people will go back to using Facebook.
What better way to get rid of the competition than to buy them out and make their product as unappealing as possible so users will come back to using Facebook!
The best thing users can do at this point is to call Facebook customer service and tell them to fix whatsapp, or you will not use either social media site untill they do!

Helpful?
Sorin
Naor naor

Oct 28, 2018, 1:15:27 PM via Website

Hi!
Thanks for your answer.
Let me see if I understood - the whatsapp problem caused by facebook so I back to use their social media??
At the last months I uninstalled my facebook app and started to use facebooks website, in the internet browser app.
So it makes sense - BUT I never stopped use facebook.
Morever - In my new Pocophone I have facebook app, so I back to use the app.

What should I do now? Report about this problem to facebook? Erase my account..?

Helpful?
Sorin
Sorin
  • Forum posts: 104

Oct 28, 2018, 1:40:21 PM via Website

Neither did I know that WhatsApp is from Facebook. I really like the functionality and the fact that many friends have WhatsApp, even though I would like to try another messaging application. Nevertheless, it has never happened that the message history has been deleted. At least, not until now!

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Oct 28, 2018, 2:48:06 PM via Website

Like I said in my previous post.
You should contact Facebook customer service. Tell them that if they don't fix the problems with Whatsapp you will stop using both messaging apps.
If enough whatsapp users do this they just might listen! (But I doubt it! )
The reason Facebook purchased Whatsapp is to eliminate their competitors. And they are deliberately making whatsapp malfunction so users will become frustrated and return to using Facebook.
That business tactic is as old as business itself!

Helpful?
Sorin
Naor naor

Oct 28, 2018, 2:58:20 PM via Website

Ok thanks. Ill do that.
But still I cant understand - how should I contact them? Send them email? Report?
And you think it will fix the problem? Or just if enough people will do that.
Dont you see a way to fix the problem immediately?

And one last thing - are you sure facebook is the cause??? Its just so weird

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Oct 28, 2018, 5:41:12 PM via Website

Contact them by phone, that way your conversation with be recorded. And someone at Facebook who matters might hear your comments!
As far as will it work , it might! But i don't think so! It all depends on how many users do the same thing!
You see Facebook is only going to do what will make them the most money.
So they buy up their competitors, make their product as unappealing as possible.
Then the users will go back to Facebook.
Then at the end of the tax year they write it off and pay less taxes.
It's all about money!
You asked if I think Facebook is really the problem? ABSOLUTELY!
This is one of the oldest business tactics in the book!
And here's another heads up!
Facebook just purchased Instagram also!
So your going to see the same thing happen to Instagram in the future!

Helpful?
Naor naor

Oct 28, 2018, 5:49:34 PM via Website

I have to say it sounds like a great conspiration.. but according to you, there is no way I can get my whatsapp back.
I did what you told me, but Im from israel so I cant contact them by the phone..
I left a feedback through the app. Then I uninstalled facebook...
Should I just be ok with no having whatsapp? Because my whole life is depended on it....

Any other suggestion? 😔

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Oct 28, 2018, 6:24:37 PM via Website

Yes
What I have been suggesting all along.
Get a new messaging app.
And hope Facebook didn't buy them out also!

Helpful?
Naor naor

Oct 28, 2018, 6:41:40 PM via Website

Its easy to say. Literally my whole life are in this app. People in my country contact only by whatsapp.
While we talk there are probably a few customers of my bussiness that cant understant where am I.

feel so frustrated.

Helpful?