Samsung account registred in old email address

• Replies:6
  • Answered
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 7

Sep 26, 2018, 10:39:32 AM via Website

my Registred Samsung account was held in a old Gmail email address i no longer use when I tried to request a password reminder do I have to create a new account ?

Best answer
Deactivated Account

Sep 27, 2018, 4:07:02 PM via Website

I called Samsung Accounts they were brilliant they emailed me a temp password to hotmail account I then logged in using my gmail address so I could update to my hotmail address and remove my gmail address so now correct email profile in my Samsung account on my tablet thanks again .

Helpful?
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Sep 26, 2018, 11:10:38 PM via Website

Yes creating a new Samsung account seems to be the thing to do!
But first you might call Samsung customer service and check with them.
If you created a new email address you might have to delete the old account first.
You see Samsung's computer is identifying you by your device I'D number
But you have a different email address
That's why you can't access it without the password!
Samsung might be able to change your email address on that account, but you will still need that password.
The phone number is 800 726 7864
Hope that helps!

— modified on Sep 26, 2018, 11:29:19 PM

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Sep 27, 2018, 1:24:09 PM via Website

I reset my account details but on my galaxy tab A when I go to my Samsung account it shows my profile with my old gmail address which it doesn’t allow you to change annoying the only way I can see to change this is a factory reset which will delete everything also if after resetting if I try to register with my current account details will it reject as it may say account already registered??!!

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Sep 27, 2018, 1:33:21 PM via Website

Again
Your Samsung account is identifying you by your device I'D number, and doing a factory reset will not change that!
Did you call Samsung customer service like I suggested?
It may be that only Samsung can change your email address on that account!

Helpful?
Best answer
Deactivated Account

Sep 27, 2018, 4:07:02 PM via Website

I called Samsung Accounts they were brilliant they emailed me a temp password to hotmail account I then logged in using my gmail address so I could update to my hotmail address and remove my gmail address so now correct email profile in my Samsung account on my tablet thanks again .

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Sep 27, 2018, 11:22:09 PM via Website

You are very welcome!
I'm glad I could help!
And remember, your accounts and the websites you visit all identify you by your device I'D number. Then they might reference your email address, if it is changed then you must use your password.
Write down your passwords and keep them in a safe place!
Take care!

— modified on Sep 27, 2018, 11:29:32 PM

Helpful?
Demixl
  • Forum posts: 50

Oct 26, 2019, 3:40:10 PM via Website

I don’t understand why I need a Samsung account. For a very long time I had Galaxy S7 and I created an account and linked it to a temporary email, because I link all accounts on different sites to temporary emails, because it’s safer and no one can hack me. By the way, if you want to use the service to create temporary emails you can find here information. I checked the authenticity of my phone through the account and since then I have not used this account and now when I bought Galaxy S10 I need my account again, but I do not have access, because that temporary email was deleted and I can not change the email in the settings account. What should I do?

Helpful?