Scrutinizing Screen Protectors

• Replies:5
Rick Altman
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 17, 2018, 4:56:07 AM via Website

My Galaxy Note 8 is on its fourth Zagg InvisibleShield, the first three having developed cracks with no drops or blunt force applied to them. They carry lifetime warranties, so I am entitled to new ones...after I order them...and wait two weeks...and then visit the nearest Verizon store because I don't dare try to attach them myself.

And now the fourth one has developed a crack.

I can't imagine that whatever caused these Zaggs to crack would have caused damage to an unprotected screen so this is starting to beg the question for me: Are screen shields worth it?

I paid many hundreds of dollars for my Note 8 and I don't mind investing a bit more to protect its screen, but this is getting a bit ridiculous. What do others think? How many of you go commando with your screens? Are there others getting frustrated with the Zagg shields? Are there other products I should use instead? Or maybe I really can go without anything on these class screens that are said to be indestructible.

All comments welcome...

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Nov 4, 2018, 11:48:39 AM via Website

That screen on you 8 has been having a lot of incidents of breaking for little or no reason. That's because of the curved edges. Those screen protectors you are using are made out of the same material.
So they are going to crack just as easily!
Question; do you have a habit of keeping your phone in your back pocket?
That could bend your phone when you sit down and cause stress on your screen as well as your screen protector. They are both made of tempered glass and are NOT flexible.
Take a straight edge to your phone and see if it is bent even slightly. If it is, I wouldn't waste anymore money on protectors!

Helpful?
Philomela
  • Forum posts: 38

May 15, 2021, 5:31:57 AM via Website

Your article is awesome

Helpful?
Philomela
  • Forum posts: 38

May 17, 2021, 5:35:16 AM via Website

thank you for the article

Helpful?
marian