I would like to load my a few of my own wallpapers to my tablet

• Replies:12
  • Answered
357mag
  • Forum posts: 6

Jul 26, 2018, 3:56:21 AM via Website

I will be getting a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 in a day or so and I have a few game wallpapers that I would like to transfer from my computer to the tablet. Can you tell me how to find the folder where Android stores the Wallpaper images?

Best answer
Bastian Siewers
  • Forum posts: 9,729

Jul 26, 2018, 10:29:09 AM via Website

hi 357mag,

welcome to AndroidPIT! :)

Android isn't using a specific folder for Wallpapers. You can use any picture stored on the tablet as a Wallpaper. So, you can simply open a folder for yourself called "Wallpapers" or something else you prefer and store all your wallpapers in there. When choosing a wallpaper you can navigate to that folder and pick your preferred picture :)

Helpful?
357mag
357mag

Jul 27, 2018, 7:18:23 AM via Website

I created a folder called Custom Wallpapers and it's located on the Apps screen. But the problem is it does not show up in Windows when I hook up my tablet to my computer. I need the folder to appear in Windows when I search for it so I can transfer my wallpaper images to it.

Helpful?
Bastian Siewers
  • Forum posts: 9,729

Jul 27, 2018, 10:07:56 AM via Website

Hi,

well, I should have been more specific. A folder on the homescreen is not a folder for the storage. So, simply connect your phone to your PC and create a folder using your PC and copy all wallpapers that you want.

Helpful?
357mag

Jul 27, 2018, 11:05:18 AM via Website

I made a folder on my computer called Custom Wallpapers. I put a few in there and it appears they show up on the tablet when I see the Wallpapers word on the tablet screen. But I cannot open the Custom Wallpapers folder and see what's inside on the tablet. Maybe it can't be where the Apps are? Where else would I put it?

Helpful?
James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Jul 27, 2018, 11:33:46 AM via Website

Create a folder on your internal storage or SD card of your tablet.
Copy all wallpaper .png or .jpg files into that folder.
Go to your tablet Settings - Display - Wallpaper - Set wallpaper - Gallery, choose image from that folder.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
Bastian Siewers
357mag

Jul 27, 2018, 5:07:16 PM via Website

Okay now I just need to know how to get to where internal storage is? This isn't like a C:\drive or a D:\ drive in Windows.

Helpful?
357mag

Jul 27, 2018, 6:57:30 PM via Website

Okay I just found out that Android contains a hidden File Manager that can be accessed through Settings - Storage - Explore.

When I did that I saw all the folders that showed up in Windows when I had my tablet connected to my computer.

But I was wondering if I can create a new folder at this spot using the File Manager? Doesn't appear so.

Helpful?
357mag

Jul 27, 2018, 9:39:51 PM via Website

I think I found a way. Use the leftmost icon at the very top to create a folder there.

Helpful?
Caroline Grey
  • Forum posts: 8

Jul 31, 2018, 5:32:06 AM via Website

maybe you can learn something from the internet

Helpful?
Stephanie
  • Forum posts: 9

Aug 15, 2018, 4:10:58 AM via Website

oh, that's easy. you need put your wallpapers into a computer, then transfer them to your tablet.

Helpful?
onepeople
  • Forum posts: 11

Aug 15, 2018, 5:44:57 AM via Website

Transfer the wallpapers to computer , then transfer them to your tablet .
If them can not be detected , trying us transfer app to do that . at least , which is able to scan them .

Helpful?
DIDIBear
  • Forum posts: 14

Aug 16, 2018, 11:22:07 AM via Website

Android phones doesn't have a regular folder for wallpapers, you can download pictures from Internet and transfer to your Samsung phone, and set it as your wallpaper in Settings.

Helpful?