Whatsapp: cannot add friend to contacts

• Replies:1
Babylon
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 8, 2018, 8:20:36 PM via Website

I recently reset my Samsung galaxy s7 edge so all of my contacts in WhatsApp were removed. I have now reinstalled the app and made sure it is up to date. When I open the app I can see that me and my friend have an open chat, just you would normally see if you were friends with someone. But the difference in my case is that it says "The sender is not in your contact list", which makes sense because everything got erased after the reset. I therefore click "add to contacts", and click "existing" to add an existing account, find my friends number from the phone book and then add. The problem though is that it won't save this procedure, so it still says that my friend is not in my contacts. Clearly there seems to be some bug involved here. I've also tried to add as a new contact and type phone number and name manually, but still it won't save.
Any input is appreciated.

FIX: clicked on contact list in WhatsApp and a popup asked to get access to my contacts. Allowing this access seemed to fix the issue. So for anyone having this issue: you have to allow your phone to access your contacts. Usually this popup asking for access comes automatically when entering the contact list.

— modified on Jun 8, 2018, 8:27:21 PM

Vickyita
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 12, 2019, 10:14:55 AM via Website

Here’s how you can save all unknown WhatsApp user’s numbers from your WhatsApp chats or groups in bulk using InTouchApp Chrome Extension:-

Download InTouchApp on your phone and sign up.
Install InTouchApp Chrome Extension & log in with the same details (as used on phone)
All Unknown Contacts will be scanned & then saved to your phone. All thanks to InTouchApp for bringing up such a great solution.

— modified on Feb 12, 2019, 10:20:43 AM

Helpful?