broken monitor and touchsceen

• Replies:2
effepi
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 4, 2018, 7:04:08 PM via Website

hi,
I broke both display and touchscreen on my galaxy s5 I need to recover the photos I have on the phone, can anybody help?

I have both a linux and a windows computer, and the stock samsung firmware on the phone (probably android 4.2)

I was reading online that an option would be flashing the firmware to allow me to enter recovery mode, but wouldn't I lose all photos and the whole content of the phone if I flash it? - I haven't got a SD card in the phone: all images are stored in the internal memory.

Needless to say I can't get anything by simply connecting the phone to a PC: - on a windows PC, the phone gets recognized and mounted, but it's seen as empty - on a linux (mint) PC, I tried with mtp but it tells me "couldnt parse extension samsung.com/devisestatus:1"..

...and the phone is not in "USB debugging" mode :(

any suggestion on how to proceed? Thanks! FP2

Emily Baker
  • Forum posts: 37

Jun 25, 2018, 7:56:15 AM via Website

If the touch screen of your Samsung Galaxy s5 cannot work without experiencing any physical damage, it is probably caused by software issues. In this case, there are several means you can try to fix the issue.

1. Restart the device
  2. Take out SD card & SIM card
  3. Inspect whether there is malware or incompatible application on your phone
  4. Factory reset Samsung Galaxy s5
    How to do with broken touchsceen

— modified on Jun 28, 2018, 11:25:11 AM

Helpful?
Ceciclia Garcia
  • Forum posts: 44

Jun 25, 2018, 8:01:42 AM via Website

Another useful tip to fix the issue is to knock the touch screen. It sounds like a child's play but this means is tested by many users already. So you can try to knock on every corner of the touch screen gently for a few times. This would help to connect the digitizer cable to the device tightly.

During the fixing process, you may lose some data on your Samsung Galaxy S5 so you may want to backup the data beforehand. Then it is possible to move the data from a non-responsive Android phone? Yes, it is possible- Broken Android Data Extraction can help you to make the backup easily.

— modified on Jun 28, 2018, 11:34:18 AM

Helpful?