Facebook Messenger won't download mp3 files

• Replies:8
Redax
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 4, 2018, 12:56:46 PM via Website

Hello, I gave a song to a friend via my PC ( drag and drop on the message box in browser ) and it appears just fine like it is gonna work, but after I tap on it and hit DOWNLOAD I get this error :

'Messenger
Can't open attatchement'

Mark Gonzales
  • Forum posts: 22

Jun 4, 2018, 2:06:17 PM via Website

Well try this:

Step 1: Open this link m.facebook.com/messages in PC.
Step 2: Open the conversation to download the audio message
Step 3: Right click on the audio bar near the "play" button and select "Copy audio address"
Step 4: Paste the address in the address bar of your browser
You will see the file getting downloaded to your PC.

I also tried this method some days back, worked for me.

Helpful?
Rebecca Sohn

Jul 22, 2018, 5:26:57 PM via Website

I have the same issue, and I'm surprised that there's not more online about it - I have yet to find a solution. The file downloads fine on PC - that's not the issue. It's if you try to open the file via the Messenger app, on your phone. Thanks in advance for any help with this problem, as it is very annoying.

Helpful?
Bohumil Kuzebauch

Oct 17, 2018, 7:01:43 PM via Website

I have the same very problem.

Helpful?
Greg K

Oct 26, 2018, 7:35:40 PM via Website

1. On your android device (using chrome), goto https : //m.facebook.com (yes, there are spaces in the URL since I'm a new user, and can't post links)
  2. In the chrome menu in the upper right (three dots lined up on top of each other), click on the 'Desktop site' entry.
  3. When the page refreshes tap on the messenger icon (looks like a dialog bubble from a cartoon with a horizontal lightning bolt through it). If this is hard to tap, make the page larger using the two finger gesture.
  4. Pick the messages you want to look at (the user or group in messenger) [tap on it]
  5. Scroll to the message with the attachment, and you should see a player (an Right Arrow followed, by a Time, followed by a Dot on a Horizontal Line).
  6. Tap the arrow, and your music will play.
Helpful?
mau_viaje
nateliv
  • Forum posts: 6

Mar 30, 2019, 10:02:21 PM via Website

Check your internet connection. I get to experience such issue and it's usually due to poor internet connection. Sometimes, huge files have trouble with downloading process because of internet but there are times that it's due to the phone. Make sure also that your phone has enough memory to accept the file. Check the overall feature of your phone. Hope this answer helps.

Helpful?
jenAc

Apr 11, 2022, 1:00:42 PM via Website

Nice information, valuable and excellent texture, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts.

Helpful?
Jacqualine Lindsey
  • Forum posts: 26

Apr 11, 2022, 3:49:17 PM via Website

The process of sending the audio from PC is easy if you can follow these steps:-
1. Locate the MP3 music file on your device. After locating, select the file and tap on Send or share option from your screen.
2. You will see a list of apps where you can share your MP3 music. From the list, tap on the Messenger app.
3. Select the Contact from your friend list and tap on Send next to the contact name.
4. Finally, your contact will receive the MP3 music file.

That’s it; your contact will be able to listen to your MP3 music file. Interestingly, you can also play the audio and continue to chat while the song plays.
Sometimes the error comes when you follow these steps but you can Clear caches and data of Facebook messenger, uninstall it, and again install... Your problem will be solved.

Helpful?
Jazzdev
  • Forum posts: 16

Apr 28, 2022, 8:34:58 AM via Website

This happens on messenger. But it is playable on desktop website

Helpful?