Motorola Moto G — Phone rings but screen is black

• Replies:9
svgandhi
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 30, 2018, 6:33:28 PM via Website

I dropped my Motorola Motorola G4 on the ground. Now the only thing that appears is a bit of light on the upper corner of the phone. I can still hear the phone ring as well as alarms. I have tried to press the power and volume buttons simultaneously for one minute to no avail. I have heard advice like taking the battery out and pressing the power button for one minute but I don’t know if I can remove the battery without ruining it. Can I fix this on my own or do I have to take it to a shop?

Mark Gonzales
  • Forum posts: 22

Apr 30, 2018, 10:25:34 PM via Website

Does this persist after a reboot? If so, try wiping the cache partition:
mobilesupport. lenovo.com/ us/en/solution/MS105527

Helpful?
Mark Gonzales
  • Forum posts: 22

Apr 30, 2018, 10:25:44 PM via Website

you can also try this, go to Settings - Apps - Show System Apps (in Lollipop swipe to All) and find Phone, Phone Call Management, and Phone Services, and clear cache and data on those three apps and reboot. Note do NOT clear data on the app called Phone and Messaging Storage, you will lose your contacts and SMS messages.

Helpful?
svgandhi

May 1, 2018, 12:39:40 AM via Website

I can't see anything on the screen even after a reboot so I can't follow any of the instructions above.

Helpful?
James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

May 1, 2018, 7:34:04 AM via Website

svgandhi

I can't see anything on the screen even after a reboot so I can't follow any of the instructions above.

If then, it should be some display hardware failure. So maybe you will have to take it to a customer service center.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
derikmalik

May 2, 2018, 6:21:07 PM via Website

Hi there guys

Helpful?
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

May 2, 2018, 11:09:01 PM via Website

I have a galaxy s 5. I have removed my battery once before to solve a different problem. It had no ill effects on my device, and it did solve MY problem.
I don't know if that will help you. Sounds like you damaged some of your hardwear when you dropped your device!

Helpful?
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

May 2, 2018, 11:31:52 PM via Website

When you dropped your phone you might have knocked your screen loose!
From what i have been told , it's very easy and inexpensive to replace your screen.
You probably should talk to a smartphone repair person first!
Make sure you ask them what thier service charge is first!
It may be cheaper to buy a new phone!

Helpful?
Emily Baker
  • Forum posts: 37

May 3, 2018, 5:20:57 AM via Website

Another useful tip to fix the issue is to knock the touch screen. It sounds like a child's play but this means is tested by many users already. So you can try to knock on every corner of the touch screen gently for a few times. This would help to connect the digitizer cable to the device tightly.
If it still not workable,found the repair central at local
Hope you didn't lose the data in you phone.Next time,remember backup the important photo on your personal computer in advance to avoid such case.Good luck.

Helpful?
Ceciclia Garcia
  • Forum posts: 44

May 16, 2018, 8:21:44 AM via Website

Before you take it to shop.Remember to erase the data on your phone which can 100% guarantee the security of your phone data. And these erased data is unable to be recovered unless you have backed up them to computer or other device in advance.

Helpful?