Should I create a separate Gmail account for the Google Play Console?

• Replies:6
Francis Cajalne
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 28, 2018, 1:14:12 AM via Website

I am planning to create an account on the Play Console with my personal email, is that a good idea? Would it be smarter to create a new Gmail account to register instead of using my personal? I would be happy to hear anyone's thoughts on this, thanks in advanced. (I still have to pay the $25)

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Mar 28, 2018, 3:17:00 AM via Website

I don't think another separate Gmail account is key point. There is a $25 USD one-time registration fee that you have to pay with your credit or debit card before you can upload an app.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
Francis Cajalne
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 28, 2018, 4:46:27 AM via Website

Hey, thanks for replying.
Yes, I realize that. I'm just speaking in regards to privacy and organization. Would it be better to have a personal account AND a development account or would it not matter to use a single account for both purposes?

Helpful?
Raza Shaikh
  • Forum posts: 27

Mar 28, 2018, 7:15:14 AM via Website

I would advise using the same account.

Helpful?
Phone Home
  • Forum posts: 5

Mar 29, 2018, 4:25:30 PM via Website

I probably would. Not only because I like to keep my gaming separate from my professional items, but also because I want to make sure that, if something goes weird, that my professional (main) email is going to be as safe as it can be. But, in the end, it’s going to be up to how you want to try and deal with that sort of thing in your own email clients and the like.

Helpful?
Mandroid
  • Forum posts: 1

May 30, 2018, 8:18:42 PM via Website

Using the same account is normal. I have my personal Gmail account registered.

Helpful?