Is it possible to Root the Samsung Galaxy S4 in 2018, or should I just get a new phone?

• Replies:3
Mikes
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 10, 2018, 6:35:29 AM via Website

Not sure that anyone will read this since I only saw one post from 2018, last post was back in 2014 yikes! I was wanting to root my S4 but the tutorial on this site is out of date, for instance the motochop zip file does not exist. Anyone have a current guide for rooting? I'm just trying to buy some time before I have to upgrade to a new phone. My memory is almost completely full even though I've removed everything I possibly can to slim down the phone. Thanks!

— modified on Mar 10, 2018, 8:46:17 AM

dean luna
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 11, 2018, 2:46:52 AM via Website

Yes, i think it's easier for the s4 now to get rooted unlike back in 2013-14. Try using kingroot to root it without pc. Just download the app from kingroot's site, you may have to try the rooting process a couple of times (it's safe if the rooting fails, just try it again). Once rooted, replace kingroot (you only need root from it) with supersu or magisk and install busybox. About your device memory- after you rooted, you can now debloat it and have the option to use xposed.

Helpful?
Mikes
Mikes

Mar 12, 2018, 6:13:05 AM via Website

Thanks my friend. I'm going to back up my phone first, then I'll try all your suggestions. Fortunately I also have a second S4 in case I brick my phone. After I root it with kingroot you are recommending I choose between supersu and magisk to manage the root, yes? I'm leaning towards the latter. Then afterwards I should install busybox, correct? I noticed that supersu and busybox are in the play store, do you recommend downloading them from there or going to the actual website with my chrome browser and installing them that way? Thanks again for all your help!

Helpful?
marsh4ll.john

Aug 18, 2018, 10:54:22 AM via Website

I think you should check on XDA Developers forum because they post very useful tools for smartphones for everyday use. As for me I can get many interesting information using this site.

Helpful?