Android VLCLib compile for multiple architectures?

• Replies:1
priya Eeranagula
  • Forum posts: 6

Feb 14, 2018, 2:03:42 PM via Website

Hi,

i'm battling with an issue assembling VLCLib. I effectively gathered it creating the .aar record that I can incorporate into my undertaking. be that as it may, I can just do that for one Android[1] ABI that I indicated in my ~/.bashrc document. as per the documentation. run the content compile.sh and it will create pairs and .aar for the pronounced engineering in bashrc variable. in any case, in the event that I change it and run compile.sh again it expels already produced pairs and just keeps the new engineering. is there an approach to produce a multi design that I can use in armeabi-v7a and furthermore in x86? so I don't need to discharge a stage particular APK of my venture ..
Thank you
priya

Cristobal Vargas
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 16, 2018, 7:58:17 PM via Website

I was struggling with the same issue. this is what i did.
compiled different versions for each ABI and saved the .aar for each one. after that i opened each one with any zip opener and inside a folder called jni there's the .so file. then i opened the vlclib source code with android studio and manually created a folder named after the ABI inside /vlc-android/libvlc/jni/libs//

then in android studio "build" > "build module libvlc"

that would generate an .aar very heavy (mine was 40mb aprox) beacuse it contains duplicated binaries

i also found this entry in libvlc gradle file
that may be the cause of deleting the .so file when you recompile.

Helpful?
priya Eeranagula