Imee Luew
  • Forum posts: 55

Jan 15, 2018, 1:35:46 PM via Website

wow! how did you do it?

Jay B
  • Forum posts: 15

Jan 15, 2018, 2:38:58 PM via Website

Hi Imee,

We made around 100+ apps for games and another 100+ apps for Children category and interlinked apps from one to another. For example, we created a section called "More Apps" in every app which will redirect the users to our other apps. This way we are able to get the best from the installs. Let me know if you are interested in more detailed information.

Below is a quick info graphic about our models.

— modified on Jan 16, 2018, 10:28:14 AM

Stuart Cole
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 15, 2018, 3:08:38 PM via Website

great achievement !! you have done it within 24 hours which takes years and years for someone

Jay B

Jay B

Jan 15, 2018, 3:18:55 PM via Website

Stuart,

The current app that I am taking is "Tongue Twisters 1001 Twisters" on Google Play. (Not able to post link so you may have to search on Google and goto Playstore from there)

Yes, the app was build in less than 24 hours because its a simple app. The app was built using Corona SDK.
The basic idea of all our apps is to be made as simple as possible.

Two years before, one fine morning, our team wanted to build a quick app and we did it for fun and down the line after 2 years, this is top app on our list of 100-200 apps we have made.

Imee Luew

Jan 29, 2018, 10:25:13 AM via Website

Wow! That's a lot! I mean we're just new to the app business. How did you go having 300 apps?

Jay B

Jay B

Jan 29, 2018, 11:02:12 AM via Website

We worked rigorously to make these apps. As mentioned in above posts, we used Corona SDK for our apps.

Yes, its not easy but with careful planning it should be possible. For example, while there are other online tools to resize the icons (Usually we make one 1024*1024 icon and then resize it to various smaller sizes) , we just donot want to waste time there.

A quick math - If I spend 10-15 minutes to resize my icons to various sizes, its takes around 4000 minutes for my 300+ apps. We definitely do not want to spend so much effort of 4000 minutes on just resizing our icons. So, we wrote a small Imagemagick script in 10 minutes that will resize the icons in less than 5 seconds and I can rerun it as many time as I want.

Another example is we want to capture the screenshots of the app for some other purpose.We wanted to capture 7-9 screenshots per app. So, played the app on the emulator and written a quick screenshot taker code that takes screenshots for every click on my mouse and then it process the jpeg image and just gives me the screenshot of my emulator. So, to get 7-9 screenshots of 300 apps each, it would be close to 3000 screenshots but all done with just 1 mouse click per screenshot.

Like this, we have automated every piece of work that has a repetition.

I donot want to post any links here because I am not supposed to promote any other websites.

Kathy Jaime

Imee Luew

Feb 1, 2018, 8:52:06 AM via Website

I understand the reason why you need to capture the best screenshots. I mean icon and screenshots are the first thing users will see in the store. App business today is not the same as, like 5-8 years ago. You have to be quick at things.

Congratulations and good luck to you and your team. Hopefully, you share more of your experience here. I mean, I definitely want to read successes and if there are failures we still have something to learn from failing in one app or whatever that is.

Amity Sky Apps
  • Forum posts: 10

Feb 15, 2018, 9:14:06 AM via Website

Cool! Now its time to deploy app to another platforms :)

Jay B

Jay B

Feb 15, 2018, 9:55:56 AM via Website

Yeah, its time to deploy to other platforms. We deployed some to Windows Store and we still need to start with AppStore (iOS)

We also are planning to start selling these app templates on a new website that we are about to launch.
This would be our first priority before we upload to other stores. This way we should be able to sell our templates. Unfortunately, I cannot post other links in the forums. So, cannot provide the link here.

But long story short, below is our priority

1) Set up a new store and sell the templates online
2) Provide re-skin services and graphic designing services for our app template buyers for a low price
3) Upload apps to App Store/Windows Store

rajikl
  • Forum posts: 16

Mar 13, 2018, 10:14:45 AM via Website

Good lucks

Jay B

Mar 13, 2018, 10:55:43 AM via Website

Thankyou. I will keep you all posted about the updates.

rajikl