• Forum posts: 4

Nov 29, 2017, 11:40:03 AM via Website

Hello Everyone,

I have installed Samsung New PC Studio.
I have connected my phone by USB.
It has been recognised.
I have located photos on my PC.
They are visible in the Studio/Media Manager/Photos
I cannot find any way to upload them to my phone.
Under MENU, the item "Send file to mobile phone" is greyed out.
May I ask for advice to move photos from my PC to my Galaxy, please?

• PLEASE HELP. i HAD TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD TO RE-ENTER THE FORUM. i WAS TOLD TO CHANGE IT AT 'ACCOUNTS' - THERE IS NO LINK TO 'ACCOUNTS' - HOW DO I CHANGE MY PASSWORD, NOW??!

Regards

Colin.

— modified on Nov 29, 2017, 1:27:43 PM

Bastian Siewers
  • Forum posts: 9,729

Nov 29, 2017, 1:44:32 PM via Website

Hi Colin, welcome to AndroidPIT :)

The easiest way to transfer photos and videos from the PC is simply using Windows' file manager. Simply connect your phone via USB, open its drive and drag and drop all the files you want on your phone. Just use it as a normal external hard drive.

About your 2nd question: Just click on your profile picture in the top right and click on My user profile. In the middle of the site, you will see the button Edit profile and settings. Here you will find the option to edit your password.

Colin Houlden

Colin Houlden

Nov 29, 2017, 2:46:14 PM via Website

Hello Bastian,
I managed to follow the instructions and now the photos are in my mobile. Seems that it was a waste of time trying to use the PC Studio!
I also managed - I think - to change my password. I need to log out and try to enter again to be sure, it did some 'strange' things when I tried to change it!
So you can rest on your laurels (*) and take pleasure that I have achieved success through your help - even though I am well past my sell-by date, I managed to "Follow Written Instructions" (laughing)

Regards

Colin.

Jasmerger
  • Forum posts: 9

Dec 2, 2017, 2:15:46 PM via Website

Data transfer is also dangerous, because a little error can result in loss for your phone ,especially connected to your Samsung and computers

— modified on Dec 2, 2017, 2:17:06 PM

Colin Houlden

Dec 2, 2017, 8:54:29 PM via Website

Hello jasmerger,
Thank you for your comments. Being completely non-technical, I thought that transferring photos from computer by USB cable to my phone was almost risk free.
Having said that, I don't know of any other way to complete that transfer. I wanted them on the phone and they were on the computer. Bastian Siewers kindly supplied a solution that worked and for which I am grateful.
If you have other suggestions, I would be grateful to learn so that I may try them if there is a 'next time'!

Regards

Colin.

LOPA MODRA
  • Forum posts: 16

Dec 5, 2017, 11:38:06 AM via Website

like it

seranrakan1995
  • Forum posts: 5

Feb 14, 2019, 9:13:57 PM via Website

a quote goes hereHello Everyone,

I have installed Samsung New PC Studio.
I have connected my phone by USB.
It has been recognised.
I have located photos on my PC.
They are visible in the Studio/Media Manager/Photos
I cannot find any way to upload them to my phone.
Under MENU, the item "Send file to mobile phone" is greyed out.
May I ask for advice to move photos from my PC to my Galaxy, please?

PLEASE HELP. i HAD TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD TO RE-ENTER THE FORUM. i WAS TOLD TO CHANGE IT AT 'ACCOUNTS' - THERE IS NO LINK TO 'ACCOUNTS' - HOW DO I CHANGE MY PASSWORD, NOW??!
Regards

yes you are right me too like your issue

Cora
  • Forum posts: 46

May 22, 2020, 5:17:43 PM via Website

When you connect your phone to the PC via USB cable, you will get a notification on your S4. Touch the screen and choose “Mount”. Go to “My Computer” on your PC and you will see a list of accessible drives.

Deactivated Account

marian
  • Forum posts: 45

Dec 17, 2021, 11:11:50 AM via Website

I've also done my transfer really helpful answers here. Thanks.