Making a basic RTSP APP

• Replies:0
JohanJarvi
  • Forum posts: 16

Oct 5, 2017, 3:44:35 AM via Website

Hey guys,

I'm currently employed as a software engineer at my current workplace but my expertise doesn't lie with Android or Java, I'm a C++ engineer that normally works with robotics, so this is all quite new to me.

Basically I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some instructions/tips/github code or anything else that could help me create a very basic RTSP stream app.

All it needs to do is open an RTSP stream from a webcam and play it until the app is turned off without interruptions.

It doesn't need any fancy controls or specific GUI, the RTSP address can be hardcoded into the app so long as the app opens the stream upon launch and plays the stream.

The only thing that would be useful is if the opening screen had the option to open two different webcam streams, so that from the main stream you had say Button 1 and Button 2 leading to "Camera 1" and "Camera 2" but honestly I would settle with just an app that could view the RTSP stream at all.

Can you guys help me figure this out?

I've found a bunch of links online of people saying "this code works" and "it's very simple" but I've tried like 10-15 different codes and I can't get it to work.

The camera I am using is a LevelOne FCS-1131 running RTSP.

FYI, the stream is viewable using VLC or RTSP Player, but it's very important that the stream is integrated in our app and doesn't simply use an "intent" to move to another app.

Thanks Guys!

LemonSodaSalt