Motorola Moto G — moto g4 plus bluetooth wont activate

• Replies:12
Chris rowan
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 15, 2017, 2:32:33 AM via Website

so today i noticed my bluetooth was not connected to my car system so i went it and pressed the connection button in settings and it wont turn on it just tells me its disconnected. how do i get it to work.
and yes i turned it off and on again.

Bastian Siewers
  • Forum posts: 9,729

Sep 15, 2017, 4:26:26 PM via Website

Hi Chris, welcome to AndroidPIT! :)

Apparently, you are not alone with this problem these days. It looks like an update for Google Play Protect is deactivating Bluetooth on Motorola devices. Simply open the Play Store, My Apps and you will see a banner telling you everything looks fine. Simply click on it and deactivate Google Play Protect. After that open your device's settings and click on apps. Make sure all installed apps are showing and click on the menu button on the top right. Hit "reset all apps" and reboot the phone. After all these steps Bluetooth should work as intended again :)

— modified on Sep 15, 2017, 4:28:40 PM

Allan MorrisPete SmithTrendy watchesAdiYashas KariappaAmit ChhallareKym Brice

Kym Brice

Sep 19, 2017, 2:30:33 PM via Website

THankyou!
I had the exact malfunction at the exact point in time brother, but thru this thread I've healed my moto g4 plus. 🇦🇺👌

Bluetooth is back!

Amit Chhallare

Sep 20, 2017, 6:03:44 PM via Website

Hi..
I was facing the same problem..
So followed the above instructions..
And my Bluetooth problem was solved.
Thank you so much for That..

But right now I can't see my WhatsApp contacts.. what I see right now is only few saved contacts are displayed. Other contacts are appearing as Phone numbers only .
Please help..

Yashas Kariappa

Sep 22, 2017, 12:37:46 PM via Website

Hi Amit,

Even I faced same issue of whatsapp contacts vanishing! Just click on new chat button in whatsapp, it will ask permission to access phone contacts. Press Yes. Then click on 3 dots on top and refresh your contact list. You will get your contacts back in whatsapp.

sumitha p

Sep 30, 2017, 2:21:10 PM via Website

the above solution did not work, is there anything else i can do to get my bluetooth to work

Pete Smith

Nov 5, 2017, 5:59:05 AM via Website

Liebe, you are a genius, well done, Pete (Australia)

Nitin Pillamarapu

Nov 22, 2017, 5:26:15 PM via Website

Thanks Man,

That did work....

Debbie Titmus

Dec 26, 2017, 6:22:00 PM via Website

So I followed your steps twice and still no luck. Get the No Nearby Devices found. New Christmas present speaker sitting right next to phone - Moto G4, not plus. Tested speaker with other devices and paired with no problem. Help!

James Albert
  • Forum posts: 20

Dec 26, 2017, 8:27:51 PM via Website

How you back Bluetooth ?

Sana Afreen
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 3, 2018, 11:23:34 AM via Website

Thanks a lot man.. Even I was having the same issue with my Moto G4 and your thread solved it. Thanks again.

Allan Morris
  • Forum posts: 7

Jan 3, 2018, 11:50:29 AM via Website

Bastian's solution fixed this problem on my cousins Moto G4 Plus as well. Many thanks.

— modified on Jan 3, 2018, 11:50:57 AM

Bastian Siewers

Yvonne Sommer

Jan 10, 2018, 3:36:43 PM via Website

Thanks for this. It worked for me. Bluetooth now working! But I'm wondering if I leave the Google Play Protect disabled?? If I enable it will the problem just come back?