SD card keeps asking for formatting

• Replies:16
Anshul Gupta
  • Forum posts: 5

Jul 19, 2017, 10:01:19 AM via Website

I have recently changed phones, my sd card was part of internal storage on my previous phone(moto g3 turbo) and now when i want to use it on my new phone(galaxy s7) it keeps saying that you have to format the card first then you can access it.
Can someone tell me the solution of this, I don't want to loose all my data.
Plz help.

Channa BGC
  • Forum posts: 9

Jul 19, 2017, 11:13:41 AM via Website

Can you try to remove and re place?

Anshul Gupta

Jul 19, 2017, 11:38:55 AM via Website

actually that's the problem I have removed the sd card and when i put it back it says to format the card first and then u can access it.

Channa BGC

Jul 19, 2017, 11:48:04 AM via Website

Try to put sd card in another phone and backup your data and format it with your device.

Anshul Gupta

Jul 19, 2017, 11:55:06 AM via Website

Same thing is happening on another phone too as I have mentioned in my post, I can't access it in any way.

Ramesh P.
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 19, 2017, 4:42:15 PM via Website

try to connect in pc or laptop, i have faced the same issue previously and it works fine for me now.

Ruby Mariah
  • Forum posts: 53

Jul 19, 2017, 4:44:35 PM via Website

You can backup of your data by connecting this with your laptop by using USD slot connecting device and back it up on your computer. Then format the card and use it in your new smartphone.

James Watson

Anshul Gupta

Jul 19, 2017, 6:13:55 PM via Website

when i connect to pc, then also it says to format it first & doesn't displays any content.

Alias Marne
  • Forum posts: 98

Jul 21, 2017, 6:32:45 AM via Website

Anshul Gupta

when i connect to pc, then also it says to format it first & doesn't displays any content.

If you format your SD card then all your data will gone.

ajazgames
  • Forum posts: 137

Jul 21, 2017, 11:30:39 AM via Website

by seeing this case your memory card is affected by viruse and it reaches to non workable condition ...its better to throw that its is useless know ,bcos i have pahased same same problem many times ...i cant solved at any way ...

Anshul Gupta

Jul 21, 2017, 1:22:41 PM via Website

alright thnx for helping.

smalling123
  • Forum posts: 30

Jul 24, 2017, 11:35:51 AM via Website

You can transfer your SD card data to your computer, and then transfer the data to your new phone.

Amy Heimbach
  • Forum posts: 29

Jul 25, 2017, 8:50:36 AM via Website

Just try RePicvid to recover files from corrupted SD card. Then format it according to the prompt.

— modified on Dec 19, 2017, 5:10:58 AM

Channa BGC

Sep 5, 2017, 6:19:21 PM via Website

Do you have fix this?

Mohamed Radwan
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 11, 2020, 5:53:05 PM via Website

Just turn off your smartphone add your SD card and then turn it on it will work, It works for me

Alex Waston
  • Forum posts: 2

May 19, 2020, 9:45:38 AM via Website

Yes, I can help you to format memory card which cannot be formatted without difficulty. So, you can try to run CHKDSK to resolve this issue.

• Firstly, right-click on the Start and then type: cmd, then click on exe to bring up the Command prompt.
• Then, you have to type: chkdsk E: /f/r and then hit “Enter” key.
• Now you have to exit Command prompt window and then enter the window of Disk Management Tool and find memory card there and then right click on it and the finally select “Format value”.
• Finally click OK to make sure the format action.

I know formatting the card may delete all your data, at the time you can try any third-party data recovery tool.

martin smith
  • Forum posts: 277

May 19, 2020, 6:00:55 PM via Website

Formatting in memory cards occurs due to the corrupted or interrupted process of writing in the SD card. This is because of the reason that the computer or camera files required for reading or writing purposes are lost, this makes the card inaccessible without a format.