If we are talking about developing a website using complex CMSs, for example, Magento, here it takes much longer than developing and designing a website using WordPress and Shopify. You should note that in Eastern Europe, developers charge approximately $45 per hour, while in Western Europe the price varies between $51 and $100+. Let’s describe the cost in stages:
- Creating the project scope - 7–19 hours
- The CMS installation - 2–4 hours
- Installation of extensions & softwares - 6–27 hours
*Custom extension development (if it’s necessary) 8–40 hours
- Ready-to-go theme (Searching, downloading, and configuring an off-the-rack theme) - 1–4 hours
*Custom theme development (Creation of a custom theme (creating a theme prototype, theme structure, developing the theme)) - 40–320 hours
- E‑commerce website design - 40–128 hours
- Back‑end development (coding, setting payments, product details, bug fixing, etc.) - 25–98 hours
- Server architecture preparation - 6–24 hours
- Testing & fixing - 3–11 hours
- Live deployment - 3–4 hours.
As you can see, the professional development of an e-commerce website using complex CMS can take between 90/*135 to 320/*679 hours, considering all additional development steps. It means that e-commerce website costs between $4,300 and $16,000 (custom extension and theme development are not included to this price).
Custom WordPress website development will cost between $5,000 and $15,000.
Shopify website development will cost from $500 to $10,000.