How can I remove virus from Levovo K3

• Replies:2
WeirdGoldfish
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 19, 2017, 9:28:17 AM via Website

I recently purchased a Lonovo K3 online, and it's been working fine up until a few days ago. When I checked my phone in the morning I saw that about 3 apps had downloaded during the night, and I was getting ads on the homescreen. It's gotten so bad that it's at the point where I can't even use the phone, there are just ads and popups everywhere, so I downloaded Sophos antivirus and ran a scan of the phone, and it said that the in-built security app was a threat, and that it was adware. Unfortunately I can't uninstall it because Android seems to prevent you from doing this unless you have rooted your phone, which seems impossible to do with ads redirecting you every 2 seconds. I have done two factory resets, with no luck. Whenever I turn the internet on, it will just started displaying these ads/popups and keep downloading unwanted applications.
Anyone have any idea what I should do to get rid of this?

Arqum Younus
  • Forum posts: 5

Mar 21, 2017, 2:11:49 PM via Website

You need to uninstall the app that is installed automatically and then scan your mobile with any good anti virus, then clean your junk files and cache through any good cleaner application. After that to be on the safe side you can reset your router to factory setting.

Hope this will help you.

Alesia Nik
  • Forum posts: 2

May 5, 2017, 3:14:10 PM via Website

You can remove virus from your phone by following below tips:
1- Install a security application
2-Boot into safe mode and examines the apps manually
3. Review the apps manually
4. Restart in normal mode
5. If all else fails, you can simply reset the phone