Samsung Galaxy S6 — URGENT help needed -- storage on brand new phone is acting weird

• Replies:2
ABC
  • Forum posts: 3

Dec 22, 2016, 12:29:39 AM via Website

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and I'm not a techie person, but here's the story:

TECH SPECS:
SAMSUNG S6 G920a
3 gb RAM
64 gb internal storage
no space/slot for an SD card
bought from Amazon, made sure to select "new" as the filter

When I got the phone, I had trouble with the initial setup; it would not allow me to sign into Google Play Store.

Instead, I got the message: "Unfortunately, Google play services has stopped".

I restarted the phone and tried to sign into Google play store, but it would not budge.

I brought the phone to a tech center in my city and was advised that the issue might be with the software and that the phone would have to be flashed.

I received the phone today and the problem is solved--it works! I can sign into Google play stores, but I literally have NO storage!!! (

Mind you, I had ONLY downloaded 3 apps! when I began to get the "no storage" message. I planned on downloading a good 6-7 apps to start off.

Also, I say I "HAD" only downloaded 3 apps, because I DELETED them when I realized I couldn't even take a photo!!! (mind you, I have zero, none, nil, ZERO photos or videos or music or ANY form of media on the phone).

Can someone, anyone, please, can you tell me what's happening? Has this ever happened to you before?

Is it that I was conned and received a "bad" phone? Maybe it's not really 3 gb RAM, maybe it's not really 64 gb internal storage? Maybe the seller lied?

Or maybe the tech guy in my city "stole" the 64 gb and "stole" the 3 gb ram, and gave me less (I don't know if this is possible, I'm just throwing this out there).

I feel like I just wasted my money.

The tech guy told me that RAM is very important and that 3 gb RAM and 4gb RAM and above is good. But the phone DOES have (or at least it's supposed to) 3 gb RAM.

I also own a S3 MINI: 1 gb RAM, 8 GB internal storage, 32 gb SD card. I bought this new phone (the S6) primarily because I wanted more storage.

Does anyone know WHY the phone is behaving this way? I would be grateful for some help. Thank you very, very much.

ABC

Dec 22, 2016, 3:35:19 AM via Website

Hi, thank you for responding. I've noted your clarification re: whether someone can "steal" the storage, and I've also noted the link for downloading apps without Google Play. Thanks.

Re: "you can identify whether your phone is genuine or not by checking IMEI."

I dialed the code, got the IMEI, went to the site, and entered the 15-digit code, and there was different information ("basic information", "parameters" etc.) but I'm not sure what exactly I should look to identify whether my phone is genuine or not.

Can you be more explicit? I really appreciate your help.

=====================================================================
Re: "And open My Files app on your phone, you should see the occupied storage of some common data, like Images, Videos, Audio, etc."

I have no photos on the phone. No videos. No music. No media--whatsoever. I have nothing on the phone. :( That's why I'm so confused, annoyed, angry, and frustrated.

=====================================================================
Re: "Thirdly, check your phone storage usage to see what is filling your phone... "
This is what storage shows:
Total space: 64.00GB
Available space: 81.02MB
System memory: 63.02GB
Used space: 0.89GB
Cached data: 2.98 MB (I've cleared the cache data a couple times but it still shows this)
Miscellaneous files: 103KB

Thank you once again. You have no idea how happy I am to read a reply. I've been checking my email and refreshing this page constantly. I really hope I could get some more insight.

ABC

Dec 22, 2016, 5:44:44 AM via Website

Hi thanks. IInfo. re: IMEI is noted.

When the phone was flashed, it was essentially brought to factory/default settings.

Also, the Google Play problem has already been fixed :)

But now that the Google Play problem has been fixed, I have this storage issue.

I'm going to bring the phone back to the tech place tomorrow