Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 — Apps not opening from SD card

• Replies:1
Zenon
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 13, 2016, 10:45:53 PM via Website

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 running Android 4.4.2. It has a 64GB SanDisk Ultra microSDXC card that I use for as many of the apps and files as I can, as the tablet is only 16GB. The eight apps that aren't opening all have com. at the beginning of their names in Application manager. Here's a list:

com.briercan.embiggen
com.disney.disneymoviesanywhere_goo
com.evernote
com.facebook.katana
com.google.earth
com.hg.cloudsandsheep
com.iconology.comics
com.loudcrow.charliebrowngreatpumpkinaps

I've tried reseating the SD card, restarting the tablet, and reinstalling the apps. When I try to move the apps back to device storage, it says "Unable to move app. App does not exist." The apps, save Evernote and Facebook, show as taking up no space on the microSD card. Other apps are on the SD card and they work fine; only the apps beginning with com don't work.

How can I fix this?

WickedSweetDreamz
  • Forum posts: 45

Nov 16, 2016, 9:09:24 AM via Website

I just wanted to say that I have a similar problem with 2 apps not working at all when transferred to my microSD card. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 running on 4.3 with an Emtec 32 GB class 10 Gold memory card that is compatible with devices supporting microSDHC and microSDXC standards. I have managed to successfully transfer and use quite a few apps on it but Facebook and Messenger don't work at all when they're transferred to the card and I would like to know why. I also seem to have more audio files than I thought I had stored on my phone rather than the card as well as photos and would like to know if there is a way to transfer these things to the card to make more room on my phone.